Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I finally caught up and replied to a couple posts. Now the good news. I joined the fraternity of brothers with FEL's. My fishing buddy had two rental properties and a 3.5 acre building site. He used the tractor to mow the building lot, he goes to settlement on it tomorrow. One of his renters had to move out due to losing his job. He tried to catch up on his back rent and just couldn't do it. So, he told my friend to just keep his tractor. My buddy let me have it for $2000, and I picked it up this afternoon. It's a NorTrac, 25HP diesel, with a loader, 4' bush hog and a grader box. The only thing is it doesn't quite fit on my trailer. The rear tires stick out about 6"s and the tail gate wont close. I just put ratchet straps on the tail gate to hold it up, don't know if the cops will like that?
GkX9r4x.jpg

IMKTWjU.jpg

Nice compact! I have been wanting a smallish Kubota for quite some time. Just too expensive. You got a sweet deal!

finally got back down to the big oak scrounging spot: two red oak maybe 4ft DBH growing right next to each other, that both fell last spring. A beautiful day to be out! Did some videos but haven't uploaded yet.
IMG_3721.JPG
Some stuff had falling down in the area I cleared since I was last here so had to clear it again
ws5R6DyNST20hWbIJNyNyw.jpg
hungry Dolly
LwCa9XW7SBWS5%eVHeLGRQ.jpg

0AkBKVqnT7WaSV9oiJeIig.jpg
Pretty much all of this is gonna get split and stacked on site to season, but I took some of this lovely dead stuff home to burn this week
kY%%TaWJQG+fpoaMpnLSZw.jpg

fr8KXJ6gSCirAZMLW5SVgQ.jpg

I downloaded the pdf but don't know how to send it here, but this is what I searched and you can see the web address.
My insurance only went up about $30 a year when I installed the stove. Insurance here isn't too bad if the installation is WETT certified. If it's not or if it's an old existing noncurrent installation I'm sure things are different.
I'm not too worried about them knocking on my door. Life's too short to worry about the sky falling.
00bad7daf12560ddfa5f5965478db842.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

I downloaded the pdf but don't know how to send it here, but this is what I searched and you can see the web address.
My insurance only went up about $30 a year when I installed the stove. Insurance here isn't too bad if the installation is WETT certified. If it's not or if it's an old existing noncurrent installation I'm sure things are different.
I'm not too worried about them knocking on my door. Life's too short to worry about the sky falling.
00bad7daf12560ddfa5f5965478db842.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Life's to short to worry about a little wood smoke in the air.

My
finally got back down to the big oak scrounging spot: two red oak maybe 4ft DBH growing right next to each other, that both fell last spring. A beautiful day to be out! Did some videos but haven't uploaded yet.
View attachment 801908
Some stuff had falling down in the area I cleared since I was last here so had to clear it again
View attachment 801907
hungry Dolly
View attachment 801909

View attachment 801912
Pretty much all of this is gonna get split and stacked on site to season, but I took some of this lovely dead stuff home to burn this week
View attachment 801910

View attachment 801911
I love taking the dead stuff to burn right away . Seems to make the day

Two things, My Uncles pal Mr Johnny Imhoff is a living LEGEND!!! Guys smaller than me yet got the balls to wheel some bad ass stick shift NO power steering BIG BLOCKS like a pro! When I was a kid we used to troll the local “Friday Night” muscle car show at McDonalds looking for trouble. Mr Imhof, unlike the other old guys, Mr Imhof was ALWAYS willing to participate in some shenanigans!!!

Second, Steve.... put a timing light on that motor. If the noise coincides with the strobe, bottoms end, if it’s off, valvetrain as in lifter. If it’s the same speed as the strobe, for giggles you can find which cylinder. But it won’t matter, that things cooked. Sorry for all the ****** luck you’ve been having with your truck.

It’s been a Makers Mark night boys, work SUCKS

Alright motorheads. What is this tick?

Mine? It’s a 454

Steve it is a damn shame you don’t live closer!! I pulled this 454/7.4L out of a generator with only 236hours on it. It has twin baby hair dryers on it too. I plan on using the bottom end as the basis for a aluminum head and tunnel ram build in a third gen F body. Then I’d have a 2, 3 & 4 Gen F’s.

but seriously, I got it for free. Sucks that you don’t live closer. Go buy and torque cam and do a swap with some fresh lifters after you confirm it’s in the top end

Attachments

• D75B52BA-A695-4C4C-B1F9-FAB19DD8BCAB.jpeg
    D75B52BA-A695-4C4C-B1F9-FAB19DD8BCAB.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
Steve it is a damn shame you don’t live closer!! I pulled this 454/7.4L out of a generator with only 236hours on it. It has twin baby hair dryers on it too. I plan on using the bottom end as the basis for a aluminum head and tunnel ram build in a third gen F body. Then I’d have a 2, 3 & 4 Gen F’s.

but seriously, I got it for free. Sucks that you don’t live closer. Go buy and torque cam and do a swap with some fresh lifters after you confirm it’s in the top end
That's some funky hair dryer setup.

View attachment 801908
View attachment 801907
hungry Dolly
View attachment 801909

View attachment 801912
View attachment 801910

View attachment 801911
20200223_164125.jpg The dead stuff is nice. Took this bucket of dead stuff to my cousin. Told him let it sit for a day or three and throw it in the stove.

Just a 60 over 454 . There are probably a few hundred thousand of them out there . Mine was just high performance just think how many have been rebuilt multiple timesand bored 10 20 over each time

Must be an east coast thing I know there are a bunch out there but don't see many around here. I see way more 406's. People cream over a 327 block and they get way to much coin for them round here. I got a couple pontiac 455's and I'd take them over the 454 any day. Really considered 454 just a truck motor.

Although I don't do much motor stuff anymore as it was my dad's passion and since he passed I haven't felt like touching crap. Going to finish the 49' 5 window and probably sell everything but the two 49's and the 67' stingray he bought new. Sold the 77' stingray and his 98' daily driver last year.

I’ll add the 5.0 that we used to troll with would eat C5 Corvettes for lunch!! The only car that would consistently whoop us was the rich boy in his graduation present NSX
I’ll never forget pulling into work one night in my 67 RT, 440. Some part time kid pulled in next to me and said, “ that thing sounds good, what’s in it”, I said “a 440 Magnum”. He look at the RT and then said, “ yeah, well mine has the BIG 5.0 in it, and will eat yours alive”. I said, “yeah, well when I was your age we called those little 302, 5:0’s, mouse motors”. My 440 is 7.2 liters”. He looked like he was gonna raise my bluff, but tucked his tail between his legs and said, “see ya”. Worse part he was probably right. I had 270 something hiway gears in my RT. It got 16-17 mpg. From 40-100 I would have ate his lunch, but his 5 speed probably would have taken my dessert.

Nice compact! I have been wanting a smallish Kubota for quite some time. Just too expensive. You got a sweet deal!
I looked this one up on Tractordata, and when this model came out in 2009 it cost $7000 plus attachments. The clock only reads 258 hours. My BIL has a BX1850 and it is a sweet little tractor. I priced them and outfitted like I wanted it, it was $16,000. My buddy is a city boy and doesn’t know much about tractors. One day his 3 point would go up, but not come down under power. To mow his field he raised the mower up, then let it slowly settle to where he wanted it, and put a ratchet strap to the ROP. He asked me to look at it and the 3 point lave was flopping around like something sheared inside the case. Next time I came over it was working fine. Turned out there is a knob to adjust flow to the valve, and he turned it off and didn’t know. All of the writing on the knobs is worn off, or knob missing. I’m going to have to play with stuff to figure out what does what. But, I’m sure I’ll have a lot of fun with it. Only problem is it’s bigger than the BX, and my ramp on my trailer won’t fold up, the rear tires stick out about six inches.

Must be an east coast thing I know there are a bunch out there but don't see many around here. I see way more 406's. People cream over a 327 block and they get way to much coin for them round here. I got a couple pontiac 455's and I'd take them over the 454 any day. Really considered 454 just a truck motor.

Although I don't do much motor stuff anymore as it was my dad's passion and since he passed I haven't felt like touching crap. Going to finish the 49' 5 window and probably sell everything but the two 49's and the 67' stingray he bought new. Sold the 77' stingray and his 98' daily driver last year.

I don't mean to discredit the 454 block and it came out that way. Just meant we see allot more of them in trucks around here. When you go to shows it seems certain people that build motors push their variations and you see weird punched out sizes because Tommy Johnson pro engine builder thinks doing this makes it faster.

Really no matter how fast you are there is always someone quicker and making HP costs money.

I don't mean to discredit the 454 block and it came out that way. Just meant we see allot more of them in trucks around here. When you go to shows it seems certain people that build motors push their variations and you see weird punched out sizes because Tommy Johnson pro engine builder thinks doing this makes it faster.

Really no matter how fast you are there is always someone quicker and making HP costs money.

I didn't take it that way. Lots of people do small blocks here I've had a few 383 strokers in a couple of cars . I did the BB because the car came with the BB 396 . I still have the original block and all the drivetrain.

Yup always someone faster

I’ll never forget pulling into work one night in my 67 RT, 440. Some part time kid pulled in next to me and said, “ that thing sounds good, what’s in it”, I said “a 440 Magnum”. He look at the RT and then said, “ yeah, well mine has the BIG 5.0 in it, and will eat yours alive”. I said, “yeah, well when I was your age we called those little 302, 5:0’s, mouse motors”. My 440 is 7.2 liters”. He looked like he was gonna raise my bluff, but tucked his tail between his legs and said, “see ya”. Worse part he was probably right. I had 270 something hiway gears in my RT. It got 16-17 mpg. From 40-100 I would have ate his lunch, but his 5 speed probably would have taken my dessert.

Love it at the local cruise nights when people ask what I have under the hood. My first reply is something like" An engine. " When they push it I tell them it's a 496 . The younger ones look at me like I'm talking Russian. Then I tell them little over 8 liters and they are oh cool. Pretty much everyone thinks in liters for car engines

I didn't take it that way. Lots of people do small blocks here I've had a few 383 strokers in a couple of cars . I did the BB because the car came with the BB 396 . I still have the original block and all the drivetrain.

Yup always someone faster

That's cool. That is a pretty bad ass car.

What is your C10?

Back