• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade 056 AV w/ 38" Windsor bar and chain (Project)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byrdmando

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
056 top.jpeg Clutch cover.JPG Recoil.JPG WindsorBar2.JPG WindsorBar2.JPG WindsorBar.jpg FullWrapBar.JPG additional.JPG I have a 056 AV saw that I purchased off CL a year ago or so. Bought it from an old german man in the community that told me it had sat in his basement for 15 or 20 years. The piston would not move so I put a squirt of oil on top and let it sit over night and the next morning piston was free. I never did a comp check because I dont have a quage but I have done the pull chord drop and it acted as if it had compression. I never got it running because of many different reasons not the least being that I am no mechanic but I also could not justify putting money towards it with my other obligations. That said, I feel it will be an easy fix. All parts are there and even came with some new AV bushings and carb cover (although it could be missing a screw here or there from when I tinkered with it).

It appears the b / c has never even seen wood. Any scratches on the bar are minor and come from hanging in my barn with me working around it. I was going to use this in an Alaska Saw Mill but I have a RUNNING 288xp that I am going to use instead.

I am looking for bar and chain combos for a 272xp and 288xp. May be wishful thinking but I am looking for a couple BC combos for both...272, 20 and 24"....288., 28 and 32".

Is anybody interested in working something out? If you are one of the more "well known" on the forum, I will be happy to ship first to prove that I am on the up and up. I have done little purchasing on this forum mainly because I have a bunch of kids and they always seem to need something more than I do so I only window shop.

I can give my home number to anybody that would like to discuss. Thanks for looking.

Byrdmando
Coleman Falls, Va.

You shoot me a PM with your number and Iwill phone this evening and work out a deal with you. I like to trade

If you still have it what's your cash price? Just picked up a super an need a few parts

Great talking with you the other night. I believe I will be able to put a trade together. I just sent a PM

Back