'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BGE541

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So grabbed a new CS620PW with the 27" B&C the other day. I bought a CS600 with 27" in 2012 but gave that to my father to use as a backup so thought I would get myself a new one. This is not going to be scientific but I see a few questions about Echo's popping up and I honestly think they have a good product... Then again I own most saws as long as they come in Orange so...

Either way go it home and started going through it to see if I could notice anything notable from the get-go...

Few things were...
-Balances really well with the 27" B&C
-All 27 Torx bolts except side chain tensioner
-Exhaust port is quite large and actual exhaust port "ceiling" is high and "square"
-Base gasket is thin, thin, thin (for higher comp would be my guess...)

So looks like they are trying to possible throw a little more at these saws from the factory to get them up in there game. Yes factory limiter caps are lame but if you cant manage those then don't worry about trying to squeeze the most out of any saw... they can easily be removed as cover here on AS.

Echoport.jpg Echocyl.jpg

Don't know why these are upside down... but oh well... took it would to make some test cuts and pretty darn impressed at the power it made. The goal of the photo was to show just how thin the base gasket was and port shape. These use two rings with a conical popup style piston (more "dome shape" to this piston then OEM 575XP, 266XP, 460, 440M ect)

Here is a video if its first time in wood (other then one prior "tuning" cut...) Hope you enjoy and PM me with any questions or what not...

Yes Mike it is compact kinda like a Stihl 3/4... really like the lay out...

Wiggles... Yes it looked pretty good to my (rough) eye... was hoping you could cut on my CS600 as im guessing you like the Echo....

Rattled does awesome porting as well!!!

More videos to come tonight.

Cut time for the Echo was 31 sec...

Cut time for the 575XP with 24" B&C was 39 sec...

Both new chains, sharpened and full comp.

Not bad!

Great saws but as I've said before very overshadowed by the price point of the 590. Very noticeable difference if you try them both however!

I agree the 590 is a can be a great saw for about $400 plus some "Owner" love... but honestly pulling a 27" bar this this STOMPS the CS600 in every way. Either way I think this brand is over looked... If there 670 because a hotrod and proportionately equal (or better) than the 620PW it would be very hard to pass up, esp. with that warranty (if you can NOT mess with it).

l just got a 550p and they seem to be well built with a bit of zing to them being tuned over 13k. Sadly they are a little heavy for the displacement and thats the biggest negative but also look like they were designed with a long service life in mind. l think the 'timberwolf' is currently the best bang for your buck saw on the market. Pro build, spring av, strato tech, good chain tensioner, good power that don't fall on its face when it touches wood. There is a lot to like about the echo range if you have sub $400 in your wallet. My 550 has plastic clutch cover and lMO too thin handle but no big issues there. Japan knows a thing or two about OPE and 2strokes even though they are constantly chasing European innovation. Good parts network too with echo. l wonder if the cs620p P/C is a direct bolt on to a 550p crankcase? Could be a nice upgrade.

I have been wondering the same thing for the 590 and I have heard the 620 coil is unlimited too. I would like to get some solid info on this. But we would most likely need the 316 carb from a 620 as well. I think these parts if compatible would complement my hogged out muffler well

If you have a blown 590/600 it may be worth trying... the 620 seems like a great platform and would hesitate to buy one over trying to modify a stock (under warranty) 590/600.

The OEM 620 P&C is only like $150 I believe...

My 590 now has a voided warranty I.e. MM and trimmed limiter caps. I kind of shot myself in the foot I needed a saw fast and got it. I should have held out for a 620pw. To late now!!!

P&C on the 590, 600, 620 are interchangeable as far as I know. 590 and 600 are the same P&C but with different carbs. 620 has a different carb to and IIRC has the largest venturi of the 3. Not sure about coils. I will check next time I have free time.

The 3/4 wrap on these are really nice and comfortable

I ran my brothers 555 today at the dealer right after he bought it and it was on 95 octane fuel same length bar and same chain it's trimmer but I don't think it's lighter and I don't think it ran any harder than mine. We ran it in elm if you wanted to know.

Ok a few tanks in her life and still alive lol don't mind the little glitch in the video... wife was fightin a wasp :) This log im cutting on is pretty green... not as dry as the end!

Looks like starting at 0:15 you got the tip of the bar into the dirt. Done that a time or two myself.

I sure like those mid-size Echos.

Latest posts

Back