Ported 1987 Husqvarna 50/55 hybrid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orange Ripper

Orange Ripper Saw Shop Chronicles
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey folks!
This will be my second 50/55 hybrid that I’ve built except this time I did some mild port work to this one. Now this saw was passed on to my girlfriends father as a parts saw with two others by his wife’s late father, then he passed them on to me while cleaning his garage out, so a bit of sentimental meaning behind this saw!
Now the porting I Did was as a little experiment really and just a little project to see if I could have any success at all.
I never used a timing wheel so I have no numbers atm, but I do plan on finding these variables out in the near future!

So what I have done is fixed up the horribly shaped out of the box port openings, raised the exhaust roof maybe .035 thou, raised the intake ceiling just enough to flow the port shape much better, and also widened them a little.
I never touched the transfers as there’s not much to do with them I believe,
And lastly I did a little dressing work to the piston and shaved off a few grams of weight there
Top that all onto the crank case with no base gasket and it most definitely makes good compression already, and although I have had her running, I haven’t cut with her so power and tourqe to be determined after I get a chance to get her into some wood for the first time.

Latest posts

Back