'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know its not an Echo but just thought id post some photos of the tach install on the 371XP Rattler ported for me... this thing is so mean it couldn't NOT get a tach...

Where did you get the tach I need one. Also what rpm should I set my 590 I'm not good at tuning by ear.

Look up "TTO" tach on Amazon. Like $35. Echo has RPM ratings but honestly it would be best to learn to tune by ear as bar length, temp, humidity etc etc can all very RPM. The best way is watch videos of a tuned saw and hear it "burble" or 4 stroke at WOT, then when in woodit should "clean up" or be a smoother/clearer sound. Ill find a good video and link it here...

Where did you get the tach I need one. Also what rpm should I set my 590 I'm not good at tuning by ear.

So check out this video... you can hear that at WOT before I start cutting its 4 stroking but when I get it in the cut it clears up, that it what you are going for...

add one more thing to the learning to tune issue. have a helper run the saw while you tune it. stand back 20 feet to listen inbetween tweaking the carb. i have a hard time hearing it while running some saws but if i stand back to listen it is clear as day. even the ones that are easy to hear when running them yourself become more noticeable with a little distance added.

add one more thing to the learning to tune issue. have a helper run the saw while you tune it. stand back 20 feet to listen inbetween tweaking the carb. i have a hard time hearing it while running some saws but if i stand back to listen it is clear as day. even the ones that are easy to hear when running them yourself become more noticeable with a little distance added.

Now that is interesting, I might try that. I suck at hearing the burble clearly on most saws, so I chicken out and leave them too rich.

Now that is interesting, I might try that. I suck at hearing the burble clearly on most saws, so I chicken out and leave them too rich.
201T....cant hear them if my life depended on it when i am the one running one...If i stand back 20 feet or so i can hear it. there are a couple other ones that i get help to tune when they come in the shop but i am drawing a blank on which saws

im been working on a 2 cycle today also not an echo but old and interesting to say the least it needed new gaskets,seals,bearings and rings. here is the specifications.
horsepower 3.5
bore 2.37
stroke 1.5
cu. in. 6.65
cc 108.99
compression ratio 5.5:1
idle speed 2400
max power 3300 rpm
such a little powerhouse.

im been working on a 2 cycle today also not an echo but old and interesting to say the least it needed new gaskets,seals,bearings and rings. here is the specifications.
horsepower 3.5
bore 2.37
stroke 1.5
cu. in. 6.65
cc 108.99
compression ratio 5.5:1
idle speed 2400
max power 3300 rpm
such a little powerhouse.
??????

Back