2014/15 winter project?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
IMG_6447.JPG IMG_6447.JPG IMG_6450.JPG IMG_6449.JPG so what's your winter(s) project for them to cold winter days ahead? mines looking a bit under the weather for now,. she is a diamond in the rough, if you have a keen eye for what was, has been, could be or will be again . oldest son helped me with this old rust bucket from the past to see if it might happen again? if she lives again just maybe I can get enough work from her to make the wife jealous when spending too much time with her! lol the working ole gal, she should save on the back not having to unload anymore by hand other than the power to pull the lever to tip her up and not over hopefully...... 1979 f 350 auto tranny with a 400 motor. she starts with fuel down the carb and the lift works from the outside control(broken cable)... she's a perfect winter dog house project! can you say beer thirty or thirsty? lol

Nice! That is a worthwhile project for sure. Been looking for something like that for some time now. Guy's just don't give 'em up too often around here.

Nothing as cool as that.

Heres my list of winter projects:

Add a door to our laundry room and turn it into a mud room.

Go through and organize the crap in my pole barn so I can actually store equipment in there.

Build a couple of barred owl houses to donate to my kid's schools and camp to place in their wood lots.

Right now my Mac 2-10 is apart sitting in a box. Re do the bullfrog carb and get her running.

Is that uhhhhh. I mean. Did you get it for free? What are your intentions for it?
? almost free picked it up for 6 franklin's, not pretty but functional after sitting under a cluster of birch trees since 2007 the last time she was used to remove a burned down house for rebuilding .... the thought is to use her for faster deliveries doing most of the firewood by myself .... shouldn't have to unload by hand anymore to save time as well as being able to use the tandem in tow with a heavier truck other than the f350 plow truck! I have my eye on a tandem 10k dump trailer to finish the quest for the ultimate team for production... the other tandem is a bear with out good side racks even though it is rated at 12k.....

Popped the head gasket in my stang, was putting the whoppin to a young punks turbo'd subaru, then she stopped pulling. Quick glimpse at the rear view and seen what was coming out the tail pipe told me what my winter project was gonna be.

Pretty sure the bell housing bolt pattern on a 400m is the same as the 385 serious bigblocks......drop a 460 in her, more torque than you'll ever need.

A 400M is a good truck engine. The 351M/400 were similar to a 351 Cleveland but with taller decks and 3" mains.

2V. But she can be modified to 4V although at a loss of low end torque to pick up bucketloads of top end HP.
Edit. You can put 4V Cleveland heads on a M motor but you need to get a special intake to match up the good C heads with the wider spread of the M block.

the 390 with a 4 bbl. carb had the best of all around power to fuel ratio of all the ford work horse's backed by the reliable c6.... when I first found the truck I was hoping it to be a 4x4 ! but she is what she is = a cheap find! lol

My 78 bronco had the 351m in it, pretty
Much same as the 400. Anyway I pulled it out and dropped a 460 I built in it with no modifications. Huge difference!!! That built 460 is a monster, and I dint even build it that much, just a cam, lifters manifold and carb. It would be perfect in that truck, way better than the 390. The 390 is a good motor, but it's one of fords funky blocks and can be a pain.

For 6 bills, that's a nice score!

I'm not doing much for winter projects this year. I need to pay for all the stuff I already got. :)

? well ? in all reality this project might be a spring breakup project.... to many irons in the forge right now as well. so time will tell ? the dog house statement is starting to have and show "VERY LARGE TEETH" if you know what I mean! she has a bark that is about as vicious as her bite when I spend too much time on my(man cave junk)endeavors!!! lol

Latest posts

Back