2014 firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a busy couple weeks working on the wood piles. The pile to the left is all oak and measures out to about 105'. The pile in the middle is mixed hardwood and what's split measures about 45' with maybe 6 more cords to split. The pile to the right is all oak and is currently 60' long with about 3 cords sitting waiting to get split. Still have more to haul in but my summer is running short. I might be ending up a little short on my 100 cord goal this year.image.jpg

It was tough getting all the piles in a picture and it was taken shortly after sunrise and just before my first delivery of the season. I figure there's about 95 cords here. Next picture to come will be early to mid December when the field is empty.image.jpg

It was tough getting all the piles in a picture and it was taken shortly after sunrise and just before my first delivery of the season. I figure there's about 95 cords here. Next picture to come will be early to mid December when the field is empty.View attachment 369719

What are you splitting with again? By your self or do you have help? Damn AWESOME looking piles!

What are you splitting with again? By your self or do you have help? Damn AWESOME looking piles!
My splitter is a 6yo Iron and Oak 22 ton with a 4 way. Many years I am out there myself but last year and this year I've had the help of a former student of mine who is now 18 and comes and goes as he pleases. He helps me load on days I have a lot to load and he splits. I figure he probably split close to half of what's there.

Latest posts

Back