2014 firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrider

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got a decent start on the processing of firewood for next season. Got right around 4 cords cut this morning. The tractor sure makes a pile of logs an easier task.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 398
Bit too cool for my liking here in Minnesota to be putting up firewood. Lot nicer to sit and watch it burn in the stove.. ;) Did a bit of splitting yesterday but waiting for warmer weather before I go at it hard. Till then sharpen chains, football, and beer.... :givebeer:

Will the red oak be ready in less than a year in your area?

Will the red oak be ready in less than a year in your area?
Yes. Full sun and wind. Sold 100 cords- 80 some oak and all my customers were happy and I haven't gone a day in over 2 weeks without a call just from word of mouth but I'm sold out.

Four cord back to the yard in one day is a pretty good start!

I ain't cut nuthin in awhile besides putzing around in the yard. Now that I have some free time and it warmed up a little, it is monsoon raining and back to deep mud.

Can't believe I need to go shovel off next years wood pile. Damn wolly bear caterpillars! Damn Marmota monax!

Four cord back to the yard in one day is a pretty good start!

I ain't cut nuthin in awhile besides putzing around in the yard. Now that I have some free time and it warmed up a little, it is monsoon raining and back to deep mud.
That's just the cutting- you know the fun part of firewood. Don't mind the splitting but it sure isn't as fun as running the saws...especially when you don't have to bend over to do it.

That's just the cutting- you know the fun part of firewood. Don't mind the splitting but it sure isn't as fun as running the saws...especially when you don't have to bend over to do it.

Ya, getting enough daylight I started back up my evening splitting workout again. Just keep chipping away at it.

I just want to go cut some more without sinking into the cold oooooozzzzzeeeeee.

Did some more cutting this morning. Some logs had some frozen dirt on them so it was hard on the chains. Estimate I got around 3 more cords cut.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 156
Did some more cutting this morning. Some logs had some frozen dirt on them so it was hard on the chains. Estimate I got around 3 more cords cut.

That's a dandy pile..I only maybe got 3/4 cord cut today, rest of the white oak from yesterday, and started on a hickory

In the pic, this is my starting point. My project is 500 feet going that way. I imagine this will take me awhile...

Attachments

• IMG_20140209_162657.jpg
    IMG_20140209_162657.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 99
That's a dandy pile..I only maybe got 3/4 cord cut today, rest of the white oak from yesterday, and started on a hickory

In the pic, this is my starting point. My project is 500 feet going that way. I imagine this will take me awhile...
I would love to have a 500' track to clear.

The tractor sure makes a pile of logs an easier task.

It sure makes moving my stacks of firewood easier too!

standard.jpg

SR

Latest posts

Back