• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.
  • ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Want to buy 262xp Full wrap handle

Yotaismygame

Yotaismygame

Juiced Saws #GetJuiced
Hmm I've never heard of such a thing but they do seem to exist according to older forum posts. Can't even find a pic of one. Could it be another 2-series wrap handle that works on it?

Haywire

Haywire

Grateful
I think I have a full wrap from a 266 and I know I have a 262 in the garage. I'll see if they mate together after work. I've really been thinking about buying the tools to make custom full wrap handles. Another reason to buy a TIG.
Cool. I appreciate you checking. I think @Jacob J. might have a couple, but probably not willing to part with 'em.

Jacob J.

Jacob J.

Tree Freak
Cool. I appreciate you checking. I think @Jacob J. might have a couple, but probably not willing to part with 'em.
I don't know why my name gets thrown into the mix on these things, but no, I do not have a couple 262 full-wraps. I have one that's currently on a running saw
that I've had for going on ten years and is also one of my main go-to saws.

Haywire

Haywire

Grateful
I don't know why my name gets thrown into the mix on these things, but no, I do not have a couple 262 full-wraps. I have one that's currently on a running saw
that I've had for going on ten years and is also one of my main go-to saws.
I meant no offense, brother. Thought I read awhile back you scored a couple off Ebay. My mistake.

Jacob J.

Jacob J.

Tree Freak
I meant no offense, brother. Thought I read awhile back you scored a couple off Ebay. My mistake.
No offense taken - another member here did score a couple of those handles and subsequently sold one to another member. I didn't score any but I've seen
several NOS ones on ebay over the years. They pop up from time to time. I have scored two Pro-Safety full wraps for 288 recently on a local deal and I may
end up trading one of those.

JohnMaddux541

JohnMaddux541

ArboristSite Operative
I have one that’s not in the best shape, but with a little work might turn out ok. If interested let me know and I can get pictures tomorrow

Jacob J.

Jacob J.

Tree Freak
Finally remembered to see if a 266 full wrap would work and it doesn’t appear so
View attachment 789036
Unfortunately the 154/254/261/262 handlebar mounts are a specific animal. I think a 51/55 handle could be made to work but that's not
much help when a someone is looking for a full wrap, unless they can take two half-wraps and make a full.

Yotaismygame

Yotaismygame

Juiced Saws #GetJuiced
I don’t have the capabilities to weld aluminum yet. I’m about to pull the trigger on a tig welder though. Will need to learn how to use it since I’ve only ever done mig. Then I plan on setting up my jd2 tube bender so I can make handles or modify them. I think it will be a cool option when modding saws for people.

CJ Brown

CJ Brown

"I learned this from a hockey card..."
I don’t have the capabilities to weld aluminum yet. I’m about to pull the trigger on a tig welder though. Will need to learn how to use it since I’ve only ever done mig. Then I plan on setting up my jd2 tube bender so I can make handles or modify them. I think it will be a cool option when modding saws for people.
If you ever get set up for making handles, a 3/4 wrap like I've seen on some Stihls would be a very cool addition to a couple of my 262s.

Yotaismygame

Yotaismygame

Juiced Saws #GetJuiced
If you ever get set up for making handles, a 3/4 wrap like I've seen on some Stihls would be a very cool addition to a couple of my 262s.
I agree. Could use the plastic end cap they use too. It all revolves around a tig welder and right now life keeps drying up the tool fund. Hopefully in the next few months though

CJ Brown

CJ Brown

I agree. Could use the plastic end cap they use too. It all revolves around a tig welder and right now life keeps drying up the tool fund. Hopefully in the next few months though
Well eventually you will get there. I bet if you come up with a repeatable design you are happy with, you could sell a pile of them on feebay. I remember when Matty started making his installation tools and all the troubles he was having, but once he finally got things sorted out he sold a LOT of those tool sets - a lot more than he initially dreamed of considering his 1st batch was something 15 sets. So do your homework and make a quality product and the customers will line up.

Yotaismygame

Yotaismygame

Juiced Saws #GetJuiced
I don’t know if I would ever try to mass produce even in small numbers. The amount of money I would expect to make off of them to cover my time probably would be more than most would be willing to pay. How much would you pay for a freshly covered 3/4 wrap 262xp handle?

CJ Brown

CJ Brown

I don’t know if I would ever try to mass produce even in small numbers. The amount of money I would expect to make off of them to cover my time probably would be more than most would be willing to pay. How much would you pay for a freshly covered 3/4 wrap 262xp handle?
Likely around $80, maybe a little more depending on the funding situation. I don't know what the market would bear but maybe you could get significantly more than that - I don't know. Most of your time would be involved in getting set up for production. Once you had the design, jigs, and stamping dies made, you could likely form a handle fairly quickly with some practice. Stamp the attachment points in a hydraulic press then drill 4 holes then add the covers - done!

It's easy! :lol: