288XP air cleaner ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osadayo99

Tattooed & Employed Unrepentant Fenian
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
my 288xp "hightop" that I recently got in trade came with this type of air cleaner assembly , Can't seem to find any likeness on any Husky site or at our local dealer.
IMG_0931.JPG
The filter element with saw seem to be the foam washable pre-filter cover type , The little metal v clip attached to the intake elbow using the two slits , the black section held the filter cover and screwed into v clip covering intake port on elbow
Any ideas, Thanks !

Much appreciated
I have the HD filters already
I guess I was trying to get more familiar with the different stock set ups the husky 288xp hightops came with.
The dealer thought he remembered a 288xp high top model that came out with this set up.
All in the learning !

The early setups did have the washable filter, later high tops came with the HD style, the early type to my knowledge is NLA. I have agood bit of history with these models, and actually bought a NOS high top setup last year that had the foam style, I gave it to a friend for his saw and he bought the HD type and stores the original foam for the rarity of it.

Latest posts

Back