• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn 288xp High Top Filter Stuff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmer_Nate

Better Saws are Better...and Gut that Muffler!
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a search. A few old posts about hi-top filter covers.

I have an old 288 with the nylon screen mesh filter. I am concerned about fines. The saw runs great and always has.

I can buy a flocked filter and probably solve the problem, if there is one, with the fines, but how fun is that?

I am investigating taking my old 288 to a high-top config.

I understand I would need:

High Top Plastic cover. A forum member makes some which look pretty good. Chinese knockoffs are there, as well as OEM.
Filter - fairly easy to locate
Elbow for air intake. A bit tougher to find?
Clamp to hold filter onto elbow. No big deal.

I think I'd prefer OEM if anybody has any laying around.

Thank you.

Do these work well? Why do you think Husqvarna only ran them OEM for a short time? Did they not sell well?
Do these also fit the 266xp or are there differences?

Did a search. A few old posts about hi-top filter covers.

I have an old 288 with the nylon screen mesh filter. I am concerned about fines. The saw runs great and always has.

I can buy a flocked filter and probably solve the problem, if there is one, with the fines, but how fun is that?

I am investigating taking my old 288 to a high-top config.

I understand I would need:

High Top Plastic cover. A forum member makes some which look pretty good. Chinese knockoffs are there, as well as OEM.
Filter - fairly easy to locate
Elbow for air intake. A bit tougher to find?
Clamp to hold filter onto elbow. No big deal.

I think I'd prefer OEM if anybody has any laying around.

Thank you.

Do these work well? Why do you think Husqvarna only ran them OEM for a short time? Did they not sell well?
Do these also fit the 266xp or are there differences?
You can do a V-stack too . C94F0229-854F-458B-829B-AB2EE54E36A6.jpeg

The mesh filters are fine. You’d have to get into some talcum powder level stuff before it will pass through that filter. Things to look at are the gasket between the filter and elbow, and the elbow and carb. Use a flashlight to inspect the carb to elbow interface. If you see light coming through fines will definitely get through.

Latest posts

Back