288XP muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrenchmaster

Reaction score
I’m working on this 288 for a friend, he wants it hopped up. I’m doing the dual port muffler mod, eliminating the base gasket and cleaning up the ports. I did this on my personal 288, but the muffler on mine didn’t have these baffles, I haven’t worked on one with this setup. Looks super restrictive, I’m planning on just gutting the muffler and doing 2 - 3/4” conduit ports in the top side for outlets, anyone know if it needs the baffle to stay and just put bigger holes in it, or can I gut it completely?
upload_2019-11-26_8-53-21.jpeg
upload_2019-11-26_8-53-46.jpeg

upload_2019-11-26_8-54-9.jpeg

Gut that baffle completely and build a dual outlet just like you described. That junk in the muffler is not your hp friend.
You bet, I used 3/4" conduit on this muffler, built a dual port. I'm interested to see the gain when my friend starts cutting with it. That's the first time I've seen this super restrictive muffler design on a 288, is this the California muffler? I heard the saws sold there had a different muff

Latest posts

Back