3 pt hitch skidders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkie62

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone tried different type 3 pt skidders ? I need something around the Farmi 351 series.I seen fransgard,norse,uniforest and such.A fair amount of difference in same model size.Any comments ????????

I got an FIW (mostly fransgard parts) and its amazing how much more work you can get done with them. If your doing any logging, they are well worth the money.

I have a Wallenstein, practically the same thing as a Farmi I understand, only considerably cheaper. They all operate about the same way. Works fine.

I picked up one off craigslist for 100 bucks.

The guy had a shop make it for him. Basically 2 round tubes about 3 inch diameter bent into upside down U and welded side to side with plates at the bottom on each side for the 3 point pins. Has a 20 inch + set of tongs hanging off it.

I think the tongs are worth about the price I paid for it. When I get it repainted it will look really good.

Not in the same ballpark as what you are talking about though.

Last edited:
norse 390

is the one I have on a little 4310 JD. what I like about the norse is the point of pull is lower with the drum on top. the tractor is a lot less tippy; itjust drags the tractor around instead of trying to tip it over. It might be my favorite attachment :cheers:

My little John Deere is only 32 horse and I'm amazed what it can pull. also forgot to mention the rear tires are loaded and chains all around.

I have a Farmi 501 (I think). The thing works great. I use it all the time especially with tops.

Back