Fimco 60 Gallon 3-PT sprayer or something else?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sid Post

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Fimco dominates everywhere I have been so, my main focus has been there. It looks like I need to get the 60 Gallon model to get away from cheaper plastic electric pumps. What are my better 3-PT sprayer options?

I will be planting a few hundred trees this December so, I need to take care of them and, I have some pasture that is super weedy that I need take care of. I have a Kubota L4600 and B2601 for 3-PT options.

Anything in the $3K range is out of the question. The Fimco is $1050 and I can go above that if there is a reason to spend more. I want a durable and reliable tool.

TIA,
Sid

They make a decent product….I prefer the boom over the boomless. And I would see if you could switch out the cast iron pump for the silver series. The cast pump is extremely finicky and requires meticulous maintenance after every use to keep it from rusting. It’s worth the extra cost. If not, you’ll get a few years out of the cast iron pump, then switch it out.

Fimco dominates everywhere I have been so, my main focus has been there. It looks like I need to get the 60 Gallon model to get away from cheaper plastic electric pumps. What are my better 3-PT sprayer options?

I will be planting a few hundred trees this December so, I need to take care of them and, I have some pasture that is super weedy that I need take care of. I have a Kubota L4600 and B2601 for 3-PT options.

Anything in the $3K range is out of the question. The Fimco is $1050 and I can go above that if there is a reason to spend more. I want a durable and reliable tool.

TIA,
Sid
My 55 gallon fimco has lasted me 30 years or so. On my second pump. Keeping it clean after use will extend the life of the pump. I use ammonia for a cleaning agent. I put 2-3 gallons of RV antifreeze in it in the winter and circulate to keep it from freezing. Goodluck.

My 55 gallon fimco has lasted me 30 years or so. On my second pump. Keeping it clean after use will extend the life of the pump. I use ammonia for a cleaning agent. I put 2-3 gallons of RV antifreeze in it in the winter and circulate to keep it from freezing. Goodluck.
What pump do you have. The standard here is a 6 roller Delevan. We used them flawlessly for years. We just took them off at the end of the season and filled them with oil

If you have any Crop Care dealers nearby I can recommend them as brand. We got a 60 gallon tow behind with boom and spray wand last year and I have been very happy with it. It’s got big floaty tires, a well built frame, and the wand will shoot 20 feet or more. It was 1600 buck last year but I have no idea what it is now. It’s definitely going to last us decades. Only thing is it might be a regional brand, we picked ours up in PA.

Hypro 7560 8 roller Bill. I think the box says viton seals. The last one was about $150 at TSC.
We have had hypro's also I think they are basically one in the same as they are bulletproof. Here is something to think about. I do a ton of spot spraying of fences and brush. I use a 12 volt unit in the bed of the Mule. I go through pumps pretty regularly. I just upgraded to a 7GPM Delevan 12 volt that is sweet but was $350. (yes I overpaid) It went out the other night. I am hoping it is just the solenoid but tonight I have to swap back to a 3.8GPM, Had I been using a roller pump on a gas engine I would have zero issues

We have had hypro's also I think they are basically one in the same as they are bulletproof. Here is something to think about. I do a ton of spot spraying of fences and brush. I use a 12 volt unit in the bed of the Mule. I go through pumps pretty regularly. I just upgraded to a 7GPM Delevan 12 volt that is sweet but was $350. (yes I overpaid) It went out the other night. I am hoping it is just the solenoid but tonight I have to swap back to a 3.8GPM, Had I been using a roller pump on a gas engine I would have zero issues
I’m sure you could probably fix it but can you just exchange it for a new one? Warranties usually give you a little cushion, if not a lot.

I might have misspoke, as I’m learning here a good pto pump isn’t necessarily more expensive than 12v.
Of course with everything there are wide variations in price depending on quality and features. I will just say for example that $250 will get you a much better PTO pump than a 12v pump . Of course you still have to power the PTO pump

What pump do you have. The standard here is a 6 roller Delevan. We used them flawlessly for years. We just took them off at the end of the season and filled them with oil
The pump I have on my produce sprayer is a John blue diaphragm pump. I run that at about 150 psi for spraying insecticides and fungicides. I think it would be close to 1K for a new one.

The pump I have on my produce sprayer is a John blue diaphragm pump. I run that at about 150 psi for spraying insecticides and fungicides. I think it would be close to 1K for a new one.
That is a whole different class of pump than what is needed for a spot sprayer. What type of sprayer is that on?

That is definitely very different than what we used for tomatoes and other vegetable crops. Ours were basically orchard type sprayers that "sling" it out the side. Then in the 1980's when Heinz started forcing double row bedded plants folks went to the first generation of airplane looking, tri-cycle high-boys

Latest posts

Back