ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

346XP Kickstand

dingeryote

dingeryote

Blueberry Baron
I find it hard to understand why this is bothering people in the first place......:help:

Troll,

When toping out a tree in the brush, quite often ya have to place the saw down to drag branches or brambles outta the way.

The 346xp, not bieng a patient saw, tries to vibrate itself back to work, and ends up vibrating around in the slop on the clutch cover.

It does make a mess of the pretty grey cover, and often ya get mud and sand in there where it dosn't belong.

It is just an annoyance, but after a bit it just adds up like a really pretty gal that say's "Like, ya know" 30 times in a sentance.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have not noticed this behavior from either my old or new edition 346xp nor do my 350s flop over. I use my mostly for limbing and rarely put them down but if I do I usually shut the saw off. I usually run 16” NK bars on these little saws. Perhaps a longer bar might be causing them to flip more easily??

brncreeper

brncreeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've got an extra stand for my YZ. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, it just might work.:hmm3grin2orange:

woodshed

woodshed

ArboristSite Guru
I put a 357/359 spike on mine and it doesn't fall over at all, never really had a problem with it before, just wanted a bigger spike for bucking small stuff.

Scott

litefoot

litefoot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Since all 026's in the world were suddenly worthless the day the 346NE came out, you might as well use it as a prop to hold up the Husky.:dizzy:

TraditionalTool

TraditionalTool

Addicted to ArboristSite
No envy here, my saws been running for over a decade, has a matching clutch cover and doesn't need a kickstand.:)
litefoot,

I have to say, I was kinda getting envy for a 346xp, I will admit, but after I got a blown 350 and got it running, I don't have that feeling anymore...

I was just kidding with 'ya, and it does seem like the 346xp will create world peace somehow, by the way folks speak of them.

I mean, it wasn't long ago that sawyers were walking across water using a 361, but the 346xpne (gotta make sure you get the ne, doncha know?;)) seems to allow sawyers to continue walking across water in a lighter package. :hmm3grin2orange:

super3

super3

Addicted to ArboristSite
Having a date of the lifetime ,,,beautiful woman,,and look at her and she has a booger on the tip of her nose...You know she's hot,,,lookin good,,but that one thing that just bothers ya...... LOL!!!

You really have a way with words!

blsnelling

blsnelling

Retired Hack
It doesn't look like what I want is available. So I guess it'll have to be made. The 357 inner spike is a nice addition without being to big. But it still leaves the saw tippy. The solution is a custom made outer spike. I overlaid a 372 outer spike and the 357 inner spike and made a template. Next is to find a machinist to mill it out;) What do you think? Think there's a market for these?

Last edited:
TraditionalTool

TraditionalTool

Addicted to ArboristSite
It doesn't look like what I want is available. So I guess it'll have to be made.
Well in that case I would hold off on painting your buddies saw pink until after he can help you fab a pair up...seems he knows a thing or two about machining...:clap:

Might be a good time to start kissing his fat ass in case it's possible to mend the damage you've caused over the past could days! :hmm3grin2orange:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Since all 026's in the world were suddenly worthless the day the 346NE came out, you might as well use it as a prop to hold up the Husky.:dizzy:

I usually use the MS361 to support it :laugh::laugh: , but only in the car, as those are the ones that usually follow me........:givebeer:

The (3.5hp) 260 PRO has been sold at a bargain basement price here this year (less than the campaign price on the Husky 450), and I still don't regard it as a real option.........

Last edited:
blsnelling

blsnelling

Retired Hack
Well in that case I would hold off on painting your buddies saw pink until after he can help you fab a pair up...seems he knows a thing or two about machining...:clap:

Might be a good time to start kissing his fat ass in case it's possible to mend the damage you've caused over the past could days! :hmm3grin2orange:

Nik doesn' mind the pink. He wears purple diapers to contrast the saw:greenchainsaw: