346xp with 3/8 chain - What Rim to run???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Labatt50

Reaction score
Looking to put 3/8" chain on my 346xp. It's a 2011 model. I ordered from my local husky dealer an 18" .058 bar, LPX chain and a rim.Tried to put it on and he gave me the wrong rim. Spline is too large. Anybody know the husky part number or Oregon number I need?? I was thinking of running a 7 toothed rim. Can't find the info in any of the million 346xp 3/8 threads.
Thanks!!

Looking to put 3/8" chain on my 346xp. It's a 2011 model. I ordered from my local husky dealer an 18" .058 bar, LPX chain and a rim.Tried to put it on and he gave me the wrong rim. Spline is too large. Anybody know the husky part number or Oregon number I need?? I was thinking of running a 7 toothed rim. Can't find the info in any of the million 346xp 3/8 threads.
Thanks!!

Sounds like he sold you the standard, its about 7/8 inside diameter.
You need the small, its about 3/4 inside diam.

Standard small spline rim, fits all the smaller Huskys. Your dealer should have them.
You'll need a 3/8 bar too.

Also your saw will cut a bit slower with 3/8", not much though.

All great info, but I need part number. Does anybody know what the Husky or Oregon number for a 7 tooth rim in 3/8" chain to fit my saw?

Oregon 18720 is a small spline 3/8 rim.

attachment.php

Thank you!!! Picked one up this afternoon. Can't wait to get this thing in some wood this weekend!

Labatt50

Thank you!!! Picked one up this afternoon. Can't wait to get this thing in some wood this weekend!

"50 good reasons to drink 50, the best one is under the cap"

Labatt 50 was the official beer in our mess for a good number of years.

(ok USA readers Labatt's is a brewery and 50 is a great beer, always cold always great)

"50 good reasons to drink 50, the best one is under the cap"

Labatt 50 was the official beer in our mess for a good number of years.

(ok USA readers Labatt's is a brewery and 50 is a great beer, always cold always great)

I collect old 50 stuff. Great beer! What mess are you talking about? Must have been 70's, Blue kind of took off after that....

50 - the few, the proud.

Back