35 ton DHT splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troylee

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Ordered it last night. Not a single Lowes in the central IL district, or any other store in IL showed any inventory of the DHT lineup. It is supposed to be here by the 8th. I would like to thank DHT for the communication on this forum, and his time spent in trying to locate one for me to inspect.

Nice, should serve you well. I'm borrowing my buddy's 27T DHT and its a superb machine. Only thing I would change are the tiny tires.

I'd be curious to know if the 35t model has an upgrade beam or just a larger cylinder.

The 28 and 35 are same series as the 22 and 27 are.
Actually the 35 ton has a much larger beam with bigger foot plate and 1" taller wedge over the 28 ton. Engine and pump are the same true.

Well, the DHT 35 ton splitter is here, assembled, and had a couple logs run thru it. I would like to thank everyone at DHT for their excellent customer service. From conversations on here, to email and eventually speaking on the phone.
2014-11-07-13-47-35_AATSC.jpg 2014-11-07-14-47-59_AATSC.jpg

1hr from crate to waiting on buddy to help me get the beam out of the truck. With 2 people, you can be filling it with fluids in a hour twenty. Took me a little over two hrs total to finish it up. If I hadn't gotten rudely interrupted by my job, I would have gotten it done in the daylight. Pictures in action tomorrow.

Video would be even better! Have they come out with the 4 way yet? That would be a must if I had one.

Yes they have a 4 way. I will shoot video but haven't posted it before, so will see how that goes. Cycle time was 14.2 seconds cold. Will time it again tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo7NUssRaAw

Where to start.......... My first splitter was damaged in shipping. Lowes took care of me, but DHT stepped up with quick shipment of a replacement, and hands on customer support. I can not say enough about them on help before sale, during, then crazy good support for something they had no control of.

Oil tank is smaller than I was used to on the 2000ish "light commercial" Speedco. After 4 straight hours it was warm against my leg. Ram seemed very warm. Unit is filled with a little over 6 gallons of AW 32. 14 second cycle time, and 3/4 throttle is all it needed. The Kohler starts easy with half to full choke. Never really tested it, bogged it down a little, but never came close to killing it like the old Briggs on the Speedco. And it is so quiet!

Back