576xp rebuild.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just go to your dealer and order one for a 576. that pic is not of a 576 so no idea why it would be in a 576 IPL.

Do these 576xp's have any service bulletins?
eg. Intake boots and such

So I purchased the GOLF piston from eBay seller Corea group inc, who goes under coreadeals17. Though they shipped it kinda fast, they shipped me a Farmertec piston. Now being kinda pissed I received that instead of what I thought I was buying, I said maybe I'll keep it anyway (only $15). I figured, let me do this as a comparison and see if the 575 piston (51mm) is the same as the 576 (51mm) upon measuring the overall length of the piston the 575 is shorter by .40 . But the BIG difference is in the ports on the side of the piston. The Farmertec ones are MUCH smaller then the oem 576, so I am not wasting my time with it. Yes they are both 51mm, but in no way the same in my comparison/measurements. FYI.

i'd be happy if i ordered a golf and got a farmertec lol. i'm sure a bit of grinding will make them similar enough. if you only cut firewood and don't need to rely on that saw give it a go and let us now how it works. i've even been happy with farmertec rings. the craziest thing about your post is that you actually ordered a golf piston :laugh: if you want a saw to blow up you are sure to succeed by installing a golf in there.

i'd be happy if i ordered a golf and got a farmertec lol. i'm sure a bit of grinding will make them similar enough. if you only cut firewood and don't need to rely on that saw give it a go and let us now how it works. i've even been happy with farmertec rings. the craziest thing about your post is that you actually ordered a golf piston [emoji23] if you want a saw to blow up you are sure to succeed by installing a golf in there.
? I was under the belief that the Golf was a better made piston then the Farmertec(i have no experience with either) I actually just ordered it for comparison and possible use. What got me, was the seller didnt send me what I had ordered. It may turn out to be a better piston, but in comparison with the Ports on the piston are completely different size.
Maybe you or someone can clear up my concerns about that. I was told the top slot was done to reduce weight, is there any function for the ones near the wrist pin?

Wrist pin ones are a pathway for the strato ports to flow fresh air into the transfers. Upper cut outs I believe are to improve piston cooling and oil migration.

Hopefully someone can answer this.
The Piston I bought was for a 575 (believing it could be the same for the 576 51mm)
The Farmertec one has holes on the upper port (or what ever you call it) on each side that go through to the inside of the piston. I just looked on HL and there 576XP one looks exactly through same as the Farmertec design with the holes? But my OEM does NOT have these holes through the piston.
what are they For?
Will they effect performance?
Below is a picture from the HL one.which looks exactly to what I have already.
Item #H31576

ae82085d8d683b8b2a8aae7553c5ea9a.jpg

Can anyone answer this? My thing is use this piston and reuse the jug or drop $200 (which I really dont want to) and buy a new oem set up

Your right, its going together, cant trash a cylinder twice, like you said.

hay hay now. i didn't say that. trashing a cylinder twice is very possible lol if you know what your doing it should be ok though.

hay hay now. i didn't say that. trashing a cylinder twice is very possible lol if you know what your doing it should be ok though.
Uh oh i have to look back now, who said that. Sorry for the misquote.

All right, I put that piston in and slapped her back together. Compression looks good for the 10-12 pulls I put on it. Compression felt real solid on it also. Tomorrow morning I'm giving it a go. Pulled the limiters on the carb to retune. First I have to pour the used motor oil the past owner obviously used as bar oil. Now I know why there was black saw dust all over it. I know people do that but what a damn mess it makes.
e9df002762c59f5d0bd41688be4d76a8.jpg
18d70cf83972064c32af053f0eb71f5d.jpg

Shes alive!!!! Popped on about the 5th pull, off choke and she started right up. Didnt have time to do a final tune on it today. Ran for a little bit, just to bring up the temps and recheck everyhting. Tomorrow I will reinstall the bar and chain and give her a tune. Painted the muffler tonight, saw looks to nice to use (why do I always do that).

No such animal as a saw too nice to use, unless you are a collector. I have a Huskie 350 that has a cylinder scored exactly like yours. 2 lines above the exhaust port through the plating. Been running that way for a couple years but with a Meteor piston. Had it apart yesterday to clean,re-ring and re-assemble. Cylinder looks the same as before. I will continue to run 40 to 1 mix,a little fat. That saw will outlast me.

Pretty saw, too nice to use a junk piston in IMO.
I got this saw for $80 (guy was selling for $100) I cleaned up the cylinder as much as possible and threw the Famertec one in, just to see how this would run and run it does. Figured I'd use it this wat until thr day calls that I have to spend $180 for a new kit. Why spend the cash if I dont have to. Im not letting this one get away from me on spending lol

You stole it for $80. for what you saved on the sale price it makes even more sense to put OEM on it. Just my opinion. If your just looking for it to run then carry on.

I actually wanted to see what i could do with it as minimally as possible. I just got done, had to clean to carb out and put a ruff tune (as best as possible without a tach on it) And it SCREAMS!!! WOW!. ThIs thing tore threw oak like no bodys business!!!
c1a2a06da51d826d0387328843b6c29b.jpg
0cbb46199cd553d02a65e196d92e7b8d.jpg
e5e946c145e6964824e06ba9b6483ab5.jpg
df6bf11ec6278464178d90b47e1fa8e9.jpg

Latest posts

Back