Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's listed at 4.5. The 600 was listed at 4.02
And echo got the 4.5 with a longer stroke then the Husky and stihl. So the echo will always bring higher torque with a better curve to the table.
As for the 32" bar? Why not? Seems like a much better way to test a saws power out then sitting there flapping your gums Frank. I have bigger saws and that 32 ain't staying on the 620, it was just to see if it could dominate it like it did the 24,28 and 30. I mean manufacturers make bigger power heads for these bars because it takes more power to run them right? But thanks for that video of the fully ported 562xp, you helped further prove my point. Because if you need a fully ported 562xp to run a 32 in softwood I'm pretty ****ing sure that makes the stock port echo pulling the same bar on harder wood doing a much harder cut (noodling) more powerful. Kind of hard to argue this I'd think.

63372bcd444c7f0b31b791a7363515b7.jpg

Stock 562 with a 32 in a 5+ foot cedar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So beings its proven Ole Franky boy is proven wrong on one thing can we just extrapolate that's he's wrong about everything?
Yeah , actually that link is not from the USA as it lists kw / ps not HP as I stated ! There is a conversion from ps to hp so once again in your attempts to “prove me wrong” you have stepped on your wiener ! Out !

Yeah , actually that link is not from the USA as it lists kw / ps not HP as I stated ! There is a conversion from ps to hp so once again in your attempts to “prove me wrong” you have stepped on your wiener ! Out !

You do realize you are using and arguing about a Stat that's not even standardized right? Like some manufacturers rate it at bar tip while others rate it at powerhead. And the fact that you would even use a manufacturers rated power in an argument as a modder yourself says world's. But even if so, how does that echo drag that LGX chain on a 32" bar through hardwood? Unicorns and fairy dust? Sure doesn't look like that rating is off to me, but what do u know.

It still counts since these saws are sold outside of the u.s. too. For the echo 620 4.52 ps = 4.47 horsepower.

It still counts since these saws are sold outside of the u.s. too. For the echo 620 4.52 ps = 4.47 horsepower.
Personally I wouldn't exactly go by anyone's numbers when it comes to saws, but thanks for this. A peak HP number is really a small aspect of what an engine can do. And that goes for all engines, and while Ive only built a Couple of handful of saws I've built a hell of a lot of engines in general. Two, four, diesels of both, dirt bikes.... Even tractors. Anyone who knows engines and tries to use a non standardized rating which is supposed to be of peak HP is degrading themselves.

Personally I wouldn't exactly go by anyone's numbers when it comes to saws, but thanks for this. A peak HP number is really a small aspect of what an engine can do. And that goes for all engines, and while Ive only built a Couple of handful of saws I've built a hell of a lot of engines in general. Two, four, diesels of both, dirt bikes.... Even tractors. Anyone who knows engines and tries to use a non standardized rating which is supposed to be of peak HP is degrading themselves.
Well the only way to know for sure is to Dyno it ... have one ? If not you are pissing in the wind my friend !

Well the only way to know for sure is to Dyno it ... have one ? If not you are pissing in the wind my friend !
From talking with several individuals who mod saws, most believe you'd never get accurate readings on small scavenger engines with a dyno. Definitely from dyno to dyno, while they might be good for comparing two engines on the same dyno. But numbers wouldnt be exact from what I've gathered. Kind of brings up a good point, I wonder when the US will force a standardized power rating. It's happened to most other things, outboard motors for boats is a relatively recent one. Maybe 10 to 15 years ago, now all are rated at they prop by mandates.

From talking with several individuals who mod saws, most believe you'd never get accurate readings on small scavenger engines with a dyno. Definitely from dyno to dyno, while they might be good for comparing two engines on the same dyno. But numbers wouldnt be exact from what I've gathered. Kind of brings up a good point, I wonder when the US will force a standardized power rating. It's happened to most other things, outboard motors for boats is a relatively recent one. Maybe 10 to 15 years ago, now all are rated at they prop by mandates.
Who is telling you a Dyno won’t work on a Saw ? This is nonsense!

Back