Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe it for a min, I thought you and him had some big beef lol, you're so full of it!
He doesn't build anything for gtg saws, figured you would know that since your great buddies and all.
Maybe you could have Jack build that pipe for you.
I think you have some great points on some things, but I still think you have some growing up to do to accept that just because you're right on something doesn't mean you know it all or how to even express what you know in a way that others will take seriously.
Video of you running the piped 660 or I call it a farce, and a picture of it on the washing machine too!
here is the link http://pages.videotron.com/saws/product/chainsaw.htm ... click link for chainsaws equipment ... if you’re initials are BS I don’t think he will do business with you lol ! Here is a pic of the 660 torn-down for flow enhancements! 7909767D-A46E-48B6-923C-192ECDFEB4A9.jpeg

Looks to me as though you googled it, I know of his website along with other builders sites.
Yah ... just providing info - you said you didn’t believe it ... well believe it now ! The 660 needs to be assembled and tested/tuned with modded muffler... the pipe will be finished by March and more testing will be required

Fresh 82' and '84 630's still pack a formidable punch in the deck. Much to the dismay of the those that proudly show up with their new orange and whites.

View attachment 696641
Comparable to a STIHL 036 ... I’m sure they STIHL pack a punch almost 37 years later lol ... don’t own any but have heard they are easier to work on than the Stihls , are parts STIHL readily available?

They pull with more authority than any factory 036's I own and have run. At least in the wood in these parts. I have a stock 361. Certainly faster chain speed in the smaller stuff but the 630's with gasket delete and modest advance start to show their nuts in the 20"+. Mean instead of scream. Get the appropriate era 61 carcasses and with an open-windowed Meteor, you can mix and match them for the next 50 years. So, yes, parts are readily available. Cranks, coils, bearings, seals, fw's, pumps and so on. In all honesty, saying they are easier to work on than anything German would be an understatement.

I pick up most all of my projects from the local free-and-under Smithrite. I could never justify dropping $800+ on a new 60cc saw, as I don't make a living in the forestry industry. I am a firewood/saw enthusiast that happens to rebuild pretty much any saw I can get my hands on. An equal saw opportunist, I am. I can appreciate a design that pushes 40 years old, sits well into the modernly equivalent 4 hp range and manages to put as much wood on the ground at the end of the day. Kinda disappointing that Stihl has had 35+ years and billions of fan dollars to come up with their latest design and they can only squeeze out .3 more hp in stock form than an old Jonsereds 630.

That's just me though.

They pull with more authority than any factory 036's I own and have run. At least in the wood in these parts. I have a stock 361. Certainly faster chain speed in the smaller stuff but the 630's with gasket delete and modest advance start to show their nuts in the 20"+. Mean instead of scream. Get the appropriate era 61 carcasses and with an open-windowed Meteor, you can mix and match them for the next 50 years. So, yes, parts are readily available. Cranks, coils, bearings, seals, fw's, pumps and so on. In all honesty, saying they are easier to work on than anything German would be an understatement.

I pick up most all of my projects from the local free-and-under Smithrite. I could never justify dropping $800+ on a new 60cc saw, as I don't make a living in the forestry industry. I am a firewood/saw enthusiast that happens to rebuild pretty much any saw I can get my hands on. An equal saw opportunist, I am. I can appreciate a design that pushes 40 years old, sits well into the modernly equivalent 4 hp range and manages to put as much wood on the ground at the end of the day. Kinda disappointing that Stihl has had 35+ years and billions of fan dollars to come up with their latest design and they can only squeeze out .3 more hp in stock form than an old Jonsereds 630.

That's just me though.
Yah , it seems the “old iron” holds its own against the new “stratos-charged, epa friendly saws” whether it be Jonsereds or even the older Macs ... As long as parts are available and one has the skills to fix / modify to suit then I agree ... Now the newer models have auto-tune (husky) , mtronic (STIHL) (and even Echo is releasing a version of auto-carb) and ARE lighter and possess better AV but I agree that the actual HP hasn’t gone up much new vs old ... Now ported/modded May tell a different story but ... will these new “ cleaner-burning “ epa compliant saws be around and running in 37yrs ? I have an 064 that a kind member here helped me obtain and it’s a runner , simple , straightforward manual carb and it’s pushing 30 trips around the sun itself !

Fresh 82' and '84 630's still pack a formidable punch in the deck. Much to the dismay of the those that proudly show up with their new orange and whites.

Awesome saws like the husky 61 but electronic parts are getting tough to find and lets face it weight wise they are more in the 70cc class. like the jred 670 or husky 272.. They have some amazing torque for a 60cc saw. And tough as nails...

After searching many sources (as echo does not list hp ) the figure I obtained was 3kw which translates to 4.02 hp ... My question to you is why do you desire a 32” bar in a 59cc stock (?) chainsaw regardless of brand ?
It's listed at 4.5. The 600 was listed at 4.02
And echo got the 4.5 with a longer stroke then the Husky and stihl. So the echo will always bring higher torque with a better curve to the table.
As for the 32" bar? Why not? Seems like a much better way to test a saws power out then sitting there flapping your gums Frank. I have bigger saws and that 32 ain't staying on the 620, it was just to see if it could dominate it like it did the 24,28 and 30. I mean manufacturers make bigger power heads for these bars because it takes more power to run them right? But thanks for that video of the fully ported 562xp, you helped further prove my point. Because if you need a fully ported 562xp to run a 32 in softwood I'm pretty ****ing sure that makes the stock port echo pulling the same bar on harder wood doing a much harder cut (noodling) more powerful. Kind of hard to argue this I'd think.

It's listed at 4.5. The 600 was listed at 4.02
Its a great example of potential and power. 4.5 and did it with a longer stroke. So the echo will always bring higher torque with a better curve to the table.
As for the 32" bar? Why not? Seems like a much better way to test a saws power out then sitting there flapping your gums Frank. I have bigger sass and that 32 ain't staying on the 620, it was just to see if it could dominate it like it did the 24,28 and 30. I mean manufacturers make bigger power heads for these bars because it takes more power to run them right? But thanks for that video of the fully ported 562xp, you helped further prove my point. Because if you need a fully ported 562xp to run a 32 in softwood I'm pretty ****ing sure that makes the stock port echo pulling the same bar on harder wood doing a much harder cut (noodling) more powerful. Kind of hard to argue this I'd think.
Yah , can you send me some of your stash bro ? ... like I said bro ... I’d Halve one chunk, walk over to the other halve that , then Light a cigar and consume at minimum one ale by the time ya got thru both chunks with your 4.5hp echo! That’s maple hardwood also and with a better chain I could probably slice thru one piece in about 18-20 sec

You can only prove your point by comparing ported saws with shorter bars to a stock cylinder echo and your asking for my stash? You are clearly the byproduct of two 70s hippies with a dash of LSD and a side of dust.
Yah ... I’m sure the echo could be made to run a lot stronger ... send me the Saw along with a few of those special brownies and I’ll get right on it k

Yah , can you send me some of your stash bro ? ... like I said bro ... I’d Halve one chunk, walk over to the other halve that , then Light a cigar and consume at minimum one ale by the time ya got thru both chunks with your 4.5hp echo! That’s maple hardwood also and with a better chain I could probably slice thru one piece in about 18-20 sec

So take away 1 extra full round that the echo was cutting and it would keep up with you even though you were cutting through the crotch on your round.

Back