$95 deliverd cords

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
We broke $100 this week, the bad side of $100 if selling.
Saturday's paper ad, full cords of split and seasoned hardwood delivered in county $95, quantities and quality guarantied. Good grief.:confused:

Lots out of work, lots of Amish and lots of storm damage are combining for some real cheap wood prices. Thankful I am not in that business right now but thinking seriously about buying some. When everything is accounted for I dont think I can cut, split and get a cord home for much less than $95.

Usually gets cheapest about the middle of January in these parts, wonder how cheap it will get??

i sold for $200 back in september...

dropped down to $120/cord here...

i just wanna get the last 2 cord sold. no more selling firewood for me.
too much work and not enough wood to cut.

We broke $100 this week, the bad side of $100 if selling.
Saturday's paper ad, full cords of split and seasoned hardwood delivered in county $95, quantities and quality guarantied. Good grief.:confused:

Lots out of work, lots of Amish and lots of storm damage are combining for some real cheap wood prices. Thankful I am not in that business right now but thinking seriously about buying some. When everything is accounted for I dont think I can cut, split and get a cord home for much less than $95.

Usually gets cheapest about the middle of January in these parts, wonder how cheap it will get??

Wow, thats a good price. It has gotten lower here (Maine) but not even close to that.

Sept-November local paper average seemed to be $250, last friday's paper had prices between $200-$250 seasoned.

I'm still getting $300-$330. I have one guy that gets it for $240 but he buys 10cord a year now. I could sell more wood if I had it this year. I quit advertising already. If I put my ad back up on craigslist I would sell 3 cord in a couple days. There are a lot of people on craigslist cheaper then me. But people like the way I write my ad. Plus when they see I don't rip them off they always call back.

Scott

Butch,

I don't sell or buy but am always watching prices. It seems in Licking County folks are still asking at least $125/cord and saw up to $175. ALthough who knows if they are selling for that, I hope that this nasty cold spell helps your sales.

I just sold a pickup bed load for 150$ the other day.I have 3 more people wanting the same deal. Mostly seasoned hedge, with some ash and elm mixed in. I am only going to sell enough to afford my wood furnace. Then Im done.

Don't Overload The Truck!

I don't sell much firewood but I got $175. plus a dollar per mile one way for deliverly (13 miles) two nights ago for a cord.
+1! Still $180 for a full cord here, delivered. That's two 1/2 ton pickup truckloads (not one). Better to sell it for $90 a pickup load and make two deliveries. Forget one huge load stacked cab high or over and busting your springs. :chainsaw:

I think Tom Tree hit it on the nail, oil prices make burning wood a second option, not the main one.

My buddy sells for 150 and can't keep up, wonder why? I am pretty confident I could be selling for 200 and have people lined up.

I seen it around here between 65.00 to 100.00 ... I won't even sell any of my wood unless someone needs it badly or can't afford it. I will give it to them I have about 90 cords left...

Butch,

I don't sell or buy but am always watching prices. It seems in Licking County folks are still asking at least $125/cord and saw up to $175. ALthough who knows if they are selling for that, I hope that this nasty cold spell helps your sales.

I'm right up the road in Knox and dont sell or buy either, but I am thinking about becoming a buyer. Serveral ads been at $100 for a couple weeks. Seems that every year it gets to be a $5 cheaper than the next guy deal about Christmas. I dont sell any wood myself, heck I am 52 and sold good firewood when in HS for more than $95 cord!! Lots are selling green junk wood like sycamore and cotten for cheap but dry hardwood? this is a new low.

If oak, hickory, locust, were available, split/seasoned/delivered, for $100/cord....I'd have never bought a chainsaw or anything else involved for firewood harvesting.
There would be a semi trailer ordered and it would be stacked all nice and purty, waiting for winter.

I agree, at $100 per cord for CSD hardwood, it's not worth your time to harvest it yourself.

OTOH, I don't sell wood, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to take this kind of a hit selling it at this price given the time, effort, and equipment required. For that matter, I don't think I'd consider selling it for anything less that $225... and even at that I'd feel like I was getting the raw end of the deal.

<$100/cord is :dizzy:

$100/cord has always been the routine price around here for hardwood but this year I've seen it advertised as low as $40/cord advertised for odds and ends at a lumber mill u pick up and a local seller is down to $80/cord for oak delivered.

Latest posts

Back