Anyone using bulk (1/3rd cord) firewood bags?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last mod will be grizzly bars/trash rack. Any thoughts on round bar vs. angle iron for the first section that the wood slides on?

Just a little update. My $100 conveyor is closer to 16' than 12"! It was used to help unload semi's and box trucks in a warehouse so it had tiny solid rubber wheels. I made a new axle with trailer spindles and hubs. Also made a hitch and added two stabilizer jacks. Had a local fab shop make a hopper and guide rails based off of my wooden temple. Turned out great and can't wait to use it. Runs fine on a 100' extension cord but will likely get a small gas generator. Bags are working well so far, I just ordered some more. Time will tell how the wood seasons and how easy they are to dump into my trailer for delivery.
View attachment 1091809View attachment 1091810View attachment 1091811View attachment 1091812View attachment 1091813View attachment 1091814View attachment 1091815
That thing is sweet. How's it working out?

That thing is sweet. How's it working out?
Working well so far. I've filled about 30 bags so far without issue.

Haven't got around to making a trash rack yet. That might be a winter project along with a rack to hold the bags open like Shaver sells. Would also like to extend the side rails up the conveyor.

Working well so far. I've filled about 30 bags so far without issue.

Haven't got around to making a trash rack yet. That might be a winter project along with a rack to hold the bags open like Shaver Ossie. Would also like to extend the side rails up the conveyor.
Will the trash rack be on the bottom or the top of the conveyor?

No - typically just hang off the end of the conveyor. Thinking about a trash rack (or trash table) between the splitter and conveyor now. Will start another thread.

I did add a cheap generator to the conveyor though. No longer limited by an extension cord!

Attachments

• 20230915_133241.jpg
    20230915_133241.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Back