a/m mufflers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrocket

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
anyone use the nwp a/m mufflers? any good?
need one for my 288, and baileys has them with the tube outlet, wondering if I should get one or look for a good used oem?

Not a whole lot of technology in chainsaw mufflers.

Cheap is always better than OEM.
Eh.. Yes and no. Cheap is good. I have a few huztlufflers on saws that work just fine. Did buy a raisman a while ago, that muffler at the very least sounds nice, I think a lot of the chicom mufflers are pretty open compared to the new oem

The last few aftermarket mufflers I bought was from weedeaterman.com (site sponsor here)
If i remember right they were Hyway brand. The quality has been good, they have also held up well for quite awhile now.
This one is $21.99 with free shipping. Im willing to bet its they same muffler Bailey's is selling. http://www.weedeaterman.com/product_p/h90288.htm

The last order I placed with Bailey's was about 5 years ago simply because they are crocks! Point proven with there muffler being almost twice as much. Plus they will bend you over again when they go to ship it! (Probably at least $10 for shipping also)
Sorry for the rant. That is my baileysonline.com review.

EDIT- Baileys wants $39.99 PLUS shipping for the same muffler. http://www.baileysonline.com/Chains...a-281-288-Chainsaws-Replaces-501-81-68-01.axd

Howdy,
If you knowingly buy a muffler without a spark arrestor and start a fire, I wouldn't want to be your wallet. In my opinion, anybody selling a non spark arrested muffler is opening themselves up to liabilities they certainly don't want. I know east of the Mississippi there's probably not as high of a risk but, in the western states it's real, and you would be crazy not to have one. People are even crazier to sell them.
Regards
Gregg

I run spark arresters in all my saws and I live east of the mississippi. I grew up in interior Alaska where fire danger is real. The aftermarket tube outlet mufflers can easily be fitted with a screen.

Everybody has a bone to pick with somebody and I suppose Baileys is no exception. The thing is you get what you pay for and their selection of hard to find parts is excellent. I have bought one of the aftermarket mufflers only to discover that the spark arrestor was not present, which does not show in the picture. That makes the muffler not useable in my opinion so I wasted my money.

Latest posts

Back