Echo 4910 Muffler Removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bridges90

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking into taking out the cat on my 4910 but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the muffler off. I think the only thing holding it on are the mounting bolts behind the silver plate on the front of the muffler. I can’t find anything on the size of these or how to remove them. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Yes, remove the center bolt then gain access to the muffler bolts. Look to be 4 or 5mm Hex drive???

View attachment 1166034
I’ll have to look at it tmr some more, I removed the center bolt and removed the plate but I can’t seem to find any diagrams on what the two bolts holding the muffler one. As someone stated above, it might not have a cat in it

Can confirm no cat for sure. I have taken the pipe out and have attempted to tune. Plan on getting a tach because I’m rather new at this but how does this sound to you guys with a much better ear than I? Too lean, too rich?

Attachments

• IMG_4151.mov
    14.4 MB
My internet is too slow right now to listen to your clip, but you have pulled the plastic limiters off the carb adjust screws, right? You'll probably need to turn the H screw more than the factory limiter will allow, assuming you also opened the deflector to increase flow..

Can confirm no cat for sure. I have taken the pipe out and have attempted to tune. Plan on getting a tach because I’m rather new at this but how does this sound to you guys with a much better ear than I? Too lean, too rich?
Sounds close but difficult to actually tell. Tune it rich and cut wood with it. Lean it out until it cleans up in the cut

My internet is too slow right now to listen to your clip, but you have pulled the plastic limiters off the carb adjust screws, right? You'll probably need to turn the H screw more than the factory limiter will allow, assuming you also opened the deflector to increase flow..
Yes I removed the limiters and the deflector

Back