A Picture Tour of Timberwolf Furnace Co

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see something that is still being manufactured here in MI. I hope they are doing good buisness, also hope the EPA doesn't shut them down in a few years with more strict regulations for OWB's.

Thanks for the great comments. Was lucky for them to say yes to a tour so I jumped on the chance and when I go back on Monday (Timberwolf Furnace co is only 30 miles away) you will see sheet metal, paint, electrical and a finished UL listed natural draft stove..

Thanks for the great comments. Was lucky for them to say yes to a tour so I jumped on the chance and when I go back on Monday (Timberwolf Furnace co is only 30 miles away) you will see sheet metal, paint, electrical and a finished UL listed natural draft stove..

Make sure to mention the AS Web site, tell them we were all impressed and glad to see their operations. That is one heck of a wood stove !!!

Sure is nice to see another small fab company out there that takes pride in their product. Reminds me a lot of the shop I work at about 10 years ago. Hopefully they expereince the same growth and success we have. Nice post!

I have to apologize to all that were waiting for the rest of the picture as I forgot and left my camera there. Will retrieve it tomorrow and post the remainder of the work done to the Timberwolf OWB on Tuesday.

I forgot and left my camera there. Will retrieve it tomorrow and post the remainder of the work done to the Timberwolf OWB on Tuesday.

I think I found your camera !!!!

attachment.php

Here's the second half of the Timberwolf OWS assembly pictures. The first 3 are putting on the galvenized tinand trimming to shape.

010806_2923.jpg

010806_2921.jpg

010806_2922.jpg

Done with tin and ready for paint

010806_2924.jpg

The first paint that goes on the stove is red oxide primer. The second two coats are oil based exterior paints.

010806_2926.jpg

010806_2925.jpg

010806_2927.jpg

010806_2929.jpg

When paint is done, plumbing and electrical work begins. Everything is set out and ready for assembly.

010806_2928.jpg

010806_2930.jpg

Here is a completed door with celinoid and wiring and door gasket.

010806_2933.jpg

010806_2932.jpg

010806_2935.jpg

When all the major things are done, all that is left is the minor. This includes putting on trim on all sharp edges, installing UL sticker, testing and proper function and adding the Timberwolf badge.

010806_2936.jpg

81.jpg

010806_2937.jpg

80.jpg

82.jpg

All done and ready for shipping.

010806_2934.jpg

I would like to thank Timberwolf Furnace Co for the opportunity to come in and see how their Outdoor Wood Stoves are made. Overall, in my experience they are a quality unit. Well worth a look if you are in the market for one. Hope everyone enjoys the pictures on part 2. Once again I will put a link to their website

Timberwolf Stoves

Give them the chance to prove how good of a stove they produce and sell. I'm very happy with mine and have zero complaints and anyone else on this site that owns one can probably attest to what I have said. Enjoy the pictures.

pinemartin

Thanks for the post Pinemartin, it was very interesting to see how much work and attention to detail goes into making each stove.

I actually stopped by their shop this summer to compare their Timber Wolf stoves to my local Central Boiler and Hawken's dealer. The gentleman I spoke to builds the stoves and was very helpful. He took his time and explained how the stoves were made, explained its features, and basically answered all of my noob questions. At no time did I feel like he was trying to pressure me into purchasing one of his products. I would have bought one but I just couldn't pass up on the great deal I got on a used OWB. However, I did purchase my heat exchanger, hot water tube, and fittings from Timber Wolf. Their heat exchangers are totally inclosed and are the best I've ever seen and their prices are very competitive, in fact most of the items were priced at or below what I could find on ebay or Pex Supply.

On the other hand, my local Hawken dealer quoted me a price and summarily raised it when I stopped by to write out the check. This was after I asked him three times what was the out the door price. When he told me the price, I commented how that was above our agreed upon price and was more than I was willing to pay. He called me twice a week for a month trying to get me to purchase his product.

My neighbor is actually a Central Boiler dealer. He's a great guy but the final cost on the CB was more than I wanted/could spend and to be honest, I really didn't see a great difference in terms of quality over the Timber Wolf to justify the cost difference.

Just one critue Pinemartin, your link to the Timber Wolf site doesn't work. :)

Back