Am I Correct?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may have to consider used after all your plumbing repairs. I have a Huskee 22 ton. I've had a few issues over the four years I have had it, but nothing that cost much to fix. For the price its been a very good splitter and I do not regret the purchase. Run about 15 to 20 cord a year through it. Having said that, I have a friend who found a great deal on an Iron and Oak 26 ton unit for $600. Bought it from a rental business. The unit was not worn out and it is one heck of a splitter. Think they sell for around $2000 new. Might be something to check into if you have equipment rental businesses in your area. You might score on a great deal on a commercial quality unit for less price than a new economy quality splitter.

Buy her a lantern so she can split after dark when it's cooler. You could even offer to hold it for her and keep her company! Tell her splitting will help keep her girlish figure.

X2 on the North Star from Northern Tool. I have their largest splitter and it has not let me down in the four years I have owned it. We average about 15 cords a year with it. What ever you do get one with a Honda engine on it. It will not let you down and they usually start on the first pull, Maybe the second if it is cold out. Check out the catalog they have a pretty good line to chose from. I had mine shipped to me since I didn't have a store nearby. I had to assemble it. Took me a few hours. The tow motor driver at the terminal wasn't so sure the 1000lb pallet was going to fit in the back of my suburban....just made it. It was areal circus act getting it out though by myself.

I’ve had the husky 22 ton splitter for ten years now and it’s worked fine up until it needed a new hand valve. Other then that it has split over 500 cords with no problem.
It won’t split live oak though, you’ll need more power the get through live oak.

The Ariens 22 ton @ $1199 is a real nice little splitter. Better components than on the Speeco 22's and a real easy splitter to move around.

I would buy either the 22 ton husky/speedco or the Ariens 27 ton splitter with a subaru engine Ariens 169 cc 27-Ton Gas Log Splitter-917001 at The Home Depot . Having said that I own a yard machine 27 ton with a Honda, same as MTD/white/cubcadet/troybuilt splitters, which I found used for a steal of a deal and it has split everything I put in it. I would not have purchased it new. The honda has been a nice motor except for the carb getting gummed up and not being able to clean it and get it to run good. I purchased a new carb for $25 off amazon.
the husky has the worst engine out of the 3 I mentioned but the best price and a rugged design.
I feel the ariens is the best splitter I mentioned.
And I wouldn't buy MTD new.

I personally would consider used but it would have to be a deal, many people in my area try to sell for more than they purchased after they used it for 3 years and split 50 cord.

I have had good luck repairing honda carburetors. As long as I can remove the emulsion tube and the main jet. Also I have had to replace a lot of honda carburetor gaskets.

Zale, If you have been waiting for a sale on splitters, if you live close to a Menard's, they have a 22 ton horizontal/vertical splitter on sale for $899 with a $200 store credit rebate. This sale is thru Oct 13th, 2013. I'm not plugging for anyone. Just saw the ad & remembered your post.

I like my Huskee. Haven't stalled it yet.

10104370924_8312899639_c.jpg

9740975591_b19e330d92_c.jpg

Back