Anti seize instead of powder graphite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My stove handle closes down on a round bushing that has a sleeve insert that spins on a bolt. On occasion, the bushing would not "spin" completely so that when I'd go to open or close it I'd hear a "screech" of metal on metal. I used to take everything off and apply powdered graphite, which would work for awhile then the problem would start all over again. I once (or twice) read on this site or another that a product called "anti seize" would work better and last longer. I borrowed a bottle of it from my neighbor, and applied the silver semi-paste between the bushing and the sleeve insert and the insert and the bolt. It seems to work much smoother now; I'll light up tomorrow and see how it works under pressure. It says that it's good up to 1600 %, so I'm fine there. Any comments/experience with this would be appreciated-thanks!

good choice.

i use it quite a bit on bolts and stuff on my corvette, especially parts that are aluminum. there's several different types and the hi-temp should treat you right.

Working with metal and fertilizer I find anti-seize is a must. I put it on just about every bolt or screw I touch. Its also handy to use on hose barbs, we use wired braded and synthetic reinforced hose from 1/2 up to 6 inch and makes them go on smooth and years later makes them easier to remove. I've never seen it used on a stove or furnace but I've used it on many steel bolts that are used on aluminum engine parts and it works great.

never seize

Great product! Just don't get it on your fingers, because then it's on your arm
then your face and your girlfriend laugh's at you. Then won't tell you why she's laughing, and you get all mad. The stuff doesn't like to come off !!!

Anti seize is miracle paste! I never change sparkplugs without applying some of it to the threads. I use it on squeeky hinges, exhaust manifold bolts, water pump bolts, alternator bolts, valve stems, small engine muffler threads, etc ....

It is really great stuff, but as firemankris said ...

Great product! Just don't get it on your fingers, because then it's on your arm
then your face and your girlfriend laugh's at you. Then won't tell you why she's laughing, and you get all mad. The stuff doesn't like to come off !!!

That stuff is messy!!

God bless,
Chris

Thanks guys!

Thanks for your replies! I'm using the stove now, and it opens and closes really smooth. Like I said, graphite would work also, but it sure wore off fast. This stuff seems like it will last a lot longer, since it's a paste consistency. Hopefully I can put some of this stuff on a couple times a heating season (or less) and I'll be good to go. Thanks again for your answers!

Back