Anyone using Archer chain 325/50/72 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

350rancher

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Seen Archer chain on ebay for 15bucks free shipp wondering about this its also full chisel, never heard uf them . are these good or bad ? thanks

You put this in the milling section. I do not do milling with a chainsw except to make notches for band roller guides or stuff along those lines. I would think for that length 72dl .325 pitch the Stihl Picco 63 class chain would be the preferred choice for milling.

A search will turn up similar questions and responses probably not pertaing to .325 though.

Not sure what full chisel means. I am not aware of any .325 chain that is square ground chisel that might be what most on here might think full chisel means.

You put this in the milling section. I do not do milling with a chainsw except to make notches for band roller guides or stuff along those lines. I would think for that length 72dl .325 pitch the Stihl Picco 63 class chain would be the preferred choice for milling.

A search will turn up similar questions and responses probably not pertaing to .325 though.

Not sure what full chisel means. I am not aware of any .325 chain that is square ground chisel that might be what most on here might think full chisel means.
In the Stihl 3/8 Lo Pro range PM would be semi chiesel PS full chisel usually refers to the corner of the cutter curved =semi sharp right angle =full chisel

ok thanks still learning this site,

In the Stihl 3/8 Lo Pro range PM would be semi chiesel PS full chisel usually refers to the corner of the cutter curved =semi sharp right angle =full chisel
And there is another one that ends in X, a ripping one, says so right in my manual.

Picco is a Stihl word. Low
profile is an Oregon trademark, their product (91 in their code)is for 42cc max. Lo pro range is a good choice of words. I put the 63 in my post as that means 3/8 pitch 0.050 gauge version of picco choices.

Archer chain started in Australia and is made in China. Some more reviews on it in this thread:

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/anybody-have-actual-experience-with-archer.316157/

Not sure what full chisel means.

'Full chisel' to me means round ground/filed cutters with a pointed leading corner (looks like the number '7'), versus rounded corner of 'semi-chisel' chain. 'Square ground/filed' would be the same as full chisel chain that is ground or filed with flat cutting edges.

Chisel, Semi Chisel, Chipper.png

Screen shot 2018-12-06 at 4.40.56 PM.png
Round ground/filed semi-chisel; round ground/filed full chisel; square ground/filed full chisel

Philbert

Back