Bar shop.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@crabby cooter could tell you alot more about them then i can. But you can re-gauge a bar ie from .050 to .058 or .063
Can grind slot deeper if rails are too worn down. Almost unused piece of machinery other than dressing rails. As most would rather have a new pretty bar instead of redoing a old worn bar. Also so many laminate non replaceable nose bars around that dont allow these rail changes.

The chainsaw guy in Canada has a YouTube video of him fixing a bar with one of them. Unless you have a good supply of loggers with pro style (read: expensive) bars, that machine won't get a lot of use.

Last week I used a whiz wheel to get more out of my processor bar... drivers were starting to bottom out.
:laugh:

I suppose I could source a 0.080" cutter and use the milling machine, but I'm not that particular about it.

I got about 1000hrs on this bar so not too bad. Winter wears them more, frozen wood cuts hard, plus doesn't flow lube as well when cold.
Just uses aw32 for bar lube.

Oh I’d never use it!! No Desire.... but a logger friend of mine has this laying around in one of his barns. Really cool old piece of machinery!!

That looks like a fun place to root around in, but if I owned it, it would drive me nuts. I can't stand clutter. LOL

That looks like a fun place to root around in, but if I owned it, it would drive me nuts. I can't stand clutter. LOL

Ya he is a really neat guy.

I just love hanging with him and hearing all the logging stories. Stories of Jack Stewart, and many others.

He’s the last of a breed- he’d Sell you a 50k tractor on a hand shake.

And as he said he always had a rule for if you got your saw stuck. He was always willing to make the hike to cut you out. Rule was..... you pack his saw there and he would pack it back.

Several threads here on the Bar Shop. They were more useful when bars were relatively expensive, and labor was relatively cheap.

Depending on the model they could: grind rails flat; re-groove; flatten or squeeze rails; etc.

I would love one if I had the space.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back