New Husqvarna "X-Light Pro" Bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gvsu141

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about Husqvarna coming out with a "X-Light Pro" bar?

Dealer mentioned Husqvarna is experimenting with what they're calling the "X-Light Pro" in 28", and it is different then the "X-Tough Light" that they currently have out

Does anyone know anything about this new bar, and what the difference is?

I dont know anything about it but husqvarna cant be too happy seeing stihl bars on their saws all the time.
Im guessing they're making a copy of the stihl light bar everyone runs.
Husky has never made their own bars. Oregon makes some and the two mentioned in the initial post are made by Sugi-Hara.

Husky has never made their own bars. Oregon makes some and the two mentioned in the initial post are made by Sugi-Hara.
I’m in agreement but I can’t figure out who made my husky x tough heavy bar. It’s been two years and I remember the packaging said made in Canada but it’s got a different nose insert anything I’ve seen and is on par with my Stihl bar in hardness. If Oregon is making them then they should be making them for themselves.

https://www.northerntool.com/produc...YHmRVGCbxITASzBUiThoCWRYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

My conspiracy theory is that gb or sugi or maybe Husky is running an old Carlton or Windsor factory making these because they are not like any other bar I’ve been on the market.

I’m in agreement but I can’t figure out who made my husky x tough heavy bar. It’s been two years and I remember the packaging said made in Canada but it’s got a different nose insert anything I’ve seen and is on par with my Stihl bar in hardness. If Oregon is making them then they should be making them for themselves.

https://www.northerntool.com/products/husqvarna-x-tough-rsn-chainsaw-guide-bar-20in-bar-length-model-xtr380-72-115047?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Logging > Chainsaw Bar + Chain > Chainsaw Replacement Bars&utm_campaign=Husqvarna&utm_content=115047&ogmap=SHP|PLA|GOOG|STND|m|SITEWIDE|OOT||||168839876|8722150916&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADpPfbMZrusD7hudY9G0rU4rBbGsu&gclid=CjwKCAiAloavBhBOEiwAbtAJO61PwmSLbVp8-lqot5p188mE4uMcCZTV8PUYHmRVGCbxITASzBUiThoCWRYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

My conspiracy theory is that gb or sugi or maybe Husky is running an old Carlton or Windsor factory making these because they are not like any other bar I’ve been on the market.
When I lived in Canada Oregon made bars in Canada. With that said tge bate pictured in your link is a Sugi.

I've had stihl ES bars that were made in Canada.

One on this 361.
Actually it’s not an “ES” bar as Oregon never added the plastic oil ramp inside bar near oil outlet. It was labeled rollamatic s And Oregon was used in Canada as it added “Canadian content” to saw and thus would lower import tax that Stihl would have to pay and Oregon more than likely sold them those bars cheaper than Stihl could have made them for at that time.

I checked these bars out last night. They had them in 28 and 20 in 058. Here's a few pics below. According to the dealer, they'll be out everywhere later this year.

Definitely felt considerably lighter than the sugi x tough light bars.

1000009104.jpg

1000009105.jpg

1000009107.jpg

When I lived in Canada Oregon made bars in Canada. With that said tge bate pictured in your link is a Sugi.
Definitely has a similar nose to some of the sugi bars I’ve seen but it’s got a different rivet pattern. It’s really looking like a Sugi though, maybe they built noses in Canada for Sugi bars. But why wouldn’t they use the same Sugi noses as the X Tough Light?

It’s definitely a better bar than any Oregon powermatch I’ve used, rails are on par with Stihl.

Is that a non replaceable nose bar? It might be laminated like the Oregon Versacut.
Yes. Non-replaceable. It did seem like it was laminated.

I thought I took a picture of the actual bar out of the package, but doesn't look like I have one.

I checked these bars out last night. They had them in 28 and 20 in 058. Here's a few pics below. According to the dealer, they'll be out everywhere later this year.

View attachment 1158512

View attachment 1158513

View attachment 1158514

View attachment 1158512

View attachment 1158513

View attachment 1158514
What was the price tag on that bad boy?

A dealer that has them in his puter said they list for 120-150 for 28" and up if I recall right.

He said he wont be ordering any since non replaceable tips for that cost.
Seems crazy to me they are just now coming out with these bars for that $ and didnt bother to integrate replaceable tips. I want to try one out but almost want to refuse to give them money for that.

Latest posts

Back