Stihl light bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grogetr sawguy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I’m getting a new ms400 and am trading in the standard bar for a light es bar 25”. The problem is Stihl is out of stock on them and the dealer doesn’t know when they will be available. What is the difference in weight between the Stihl bar and the aftermarket bars that are available. I’m wanting to get the saw as light as I can but a couple ounces wouldn’t be a problem.

Get the light. My dealer told me no dice, but then one showed up on the 500i I ordered. If you get the regular, you can always get an aftermarket one on line. Those Jap bars are nice and not too expensive.

I’m getting a new ms400 and am trading in the standard bar for a light es bar 25”. The problem is Stihl is out of stock on them and the dealer doesn’t know when they will be available. What is the difference in weight between the Stihl bar and the aftermarket bars that are available. I’m wanting to get the saw as light as I can but a couple ounces wouldn’t be a problem.
Tsumura New Premium Light, is a good option, if you can’t get the ES , It’s 24”

Check around my local ace hardware shows stock. Buy it without the bar and pick up a bar where you can.

Tsumuru light 24" I had in D009 husky 050 was 2lb 11oz

Some other weights by another guy in stihl mount. .58 = 9.28oz.

Can buy the oregon versa for same weight of stihl light till you can get one. They are pretty cheap to buy.

Attachments

• 24barsss.jpg
    24barsss.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 1
There are several 25 light bars for sale on ebay.
I saw those on eBay they are $30 or more than the dealer wants for the es light bar. That’s why I was asking about the weight on the Tsumura bars because they are quite a bit cheaper.

I recently ordered/received a 20" bar for my Stihl 039 and the Light bar was shipped instead of the eMatic I had ordered. As soon as I removed it from cardboard sleeve I noted the sprocket tip would spin maybe 1/3rd of way before it began to bind; after another 1/3rd it became just about impossible to complete rotation. I Googled this to read it is not an uncommon snafu, and I attempted the "roll tip on a carpet so it turns and will hopefully loosen up" with zero success. The good news (?) is dealer took bar back with no argument and replaced it with one -- we checked -- a free-spinning nose.

I saw those on eBay they are $30 or more than the dealer wants for the es light bar. That’s why I was asking about the weight on the Tsumura bars because they are quite a bit cheaper.
Can you just order one through your dealer? I ordered a 32" light and it came in within 2 weeks. Good bars, can't go wrong with them

Can you just order one through your dealer? I ordered a 32" light and it came in within 2 weeks. Good bars, can't go wrong with them
I had one on order for about a month and they had no idea when it would arrive. I found one at a different dealer and got it there

Back