Bell Industries K6 grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AH64ID

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about this grinder?

I have a lead on one but I hear it might need some parts to get running. A quick internet search didn't come up with much.

Thanks!

Parts aren't going to be readily available as Bell Industries has been out of business for many years. I'm not familiar with the K6,
but we had a K2 at a dealership/logging company I worked at for several years and it was one of the best square grinders I've
ever used. Bell also had purchased Neilsen I believe so many of the Neilsen and Bell grinders have interchangeable parts.
We also had a Neilsen Pond & Deck grinder for the 3/4" pitch chain which was a great machine.

Very interesting grinder, first time I've seen one, thanks for posting the pics.

It looks like the foot pedal just pulls/pivots the motor/wheel down onto the cutter like a round grinder, which isn't the typical way square grinding works.
Is there some other linear movement to the chain holder that draws the cutter into the wheel? Is there a page in the manual that would show this?
I can't seem to decipher the ipl to figure that out...

I think I see how it works now, wheel comes down in front of cutter, chain holder pivots cutter into the wheel like a little swing arm.
Looks like a pretty slick setup.

I have parts lists and or literature on on the following Bell Industries grinders
Model KB1
Model K50
Model K100B & BW
Model K150
Model K200
Model K245
Model K246
Model K250
Model K275

Nielsen 100A

I’d be very interested in seeing parts lists and/or pics of any of them that do square grinding.

Attachments

• K246 grinder ipl.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 17
Back