576xp Crankshaft Replacement or Rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

altatim

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I acquired a burnt up 576xp with what seems like a crank issue. The rod bearing feels like it has excessive play (maybe 0.005-0.007" play) and I am wondering if there is a good replacement for this? A quick search around the internet yielded a few oem 576 cranks for a variety of prices, but I am wondering if there is another saw that used the same crank that might be easier to get a part for or from. The 576 was cheap to me and a good candidate for a rebuild as I've never tried any newer 70cc+ husqvarna saws. Ill get some pictures and exact specs on the total play later on. Thanks all

Thanks! I will have to check my SN and make sure it’s in that range. Anybody have a used one on here???

EDIT: I will get some dimensions off of the crank when I pull it, perhaps there is another easier to find crank that I can use to make it a bit of a frankensaw. 572 is a 39mm stroke vs 36mm stroke, or perhaps a 562 crank (36mm stroke?)

So I've been looking for this crank for almost two weeks now and the internet is not turning up much, and most local parts guys and used distributors either don't have the part or are unwilling to sell 576 parts due to unavailability. Should I consider just parting out the saw? Most of the parts are there and I can test the generator and coil before hand. I see no need to hang onto a saw that might be impossible to fix down the road if husqvarna keeps up with their poor parts service.

Funny, the eBay ad wouldn’t come up for me and for a 13yo auto tune saw I’m not sure that a new crank is really worth it. By the time I’ve gone through the whole thing it’s going to cost more than a new 572xp. I’ll watch the eBay ad but the last one that I saw sold for more than I was willing to pay for a sight unseen part like a crank.

Latest posts

Back