Best chainsaw gloves?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiore Indiana

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
:help: Who sells good cut resistent gloves for chainsaw use? I was thinking of trying to find some with protection for both hands not just part of left. Also instead of websites or mail order places I need to try on in person to see if they fit properly. I have big hands. Thank you.

I bought a pair of gloves from my husky dealer. The back of the left glove is saw resistant. They are leather except for the backs. They say husqvarna across the knuckles, I've had them over a year, they seem to wear pretty good.

If you need to try it on in person, why don't you just look in your area? We can't be of much help to you if you're looking locally. Lowe's, Home Depot, your local saw dealership...

Where are you at in Indiana? There's been a bunch of new Hoosiers on here lately. I'm orginally from the Southern part of the state.

Welcome to AS.

Jeff

If you need to try it on in person, why don't you just look in your area? We can't be of much help to you if you're looking locally. Lowe's, Home Depot, your local saw dealership...

Where are you at in Indiana? There's been a bunch of new Hoosiers on here lately. I'm orginally from the Southern part of the state.

Welcome to AS.

Jeff

I don't think I ever considered myself a Hoosier, but I spent the first 19 years of my life there, in Evansville. Hated it, escaped as soon as possible. Since then, CO, UT, AZ, CA, NM, with 30 years in AK, some of it only seasonally.

.... Where are you at in Indiana? There's been a bunch of new Hoosiers on here lately. I'm orginally from the Southern part of the state.

Welcome to AS.

Jeff
I was born and raised in Harrison Co, IN, about 12 miles NW of Corydon, IN, in a wide spot in the road called Ramsey. I also lived several years in Bloomington and still have family in that area and in Harrison Co.

Small world, ain't it? :)

Al

I was born and raised in Harrison Co, IN, about 12 miles NW of Corydon, IN, in a wide spot in the road called Ramsey. I also lived several years in Bloomington and still have family in that area and in Harrison Co.

Small world, ain't it? :)

Al

Al, I was born in Corydon! Raised in Leavenworth. My dad was the property manager for Harrison/Crawford State Forrest. My family is all in Bedford. My parents have since moved to Minnesota, but we still spend our holidays and such in IN.

It is a small world. Do you still talk funny? I know it took me a while to shake the backwoods from my vernacular. And while I've still got alot of it, people from other parts of the country can understand me now!

Jeff

Wasn't Corydon the first capital? I remember some big tree there.

I have family in Vincennes and Tell City and am from Richmond myself.

My brother lives in the Twin Cities.

Al, I was born in Corydon! Raised in Leavenworth. My dad was the property manager for Harrison/Crawford State Forrest. My family is all in Bedford. My parents have since moved to Minnesota, but we still spend our holidays and such in IN.

It is a small world. Do you still talk funny? I know it took me a while to shake the backwoods from my vernacular. And while I've still got alot of it, people from other parts of the country can understand me now!

Jeff

I was born in Salem, lived in Paoli till I was about 11 or so which is when we moved to Ky. My father still lives in Bedford,been there about all of his life. Yes it is a small world indeed.

Hmmmmmmm, gloves ta small world.........the track is thin an' windy lol.
Gloves, I have always prefered just plain old webs, they absorb some shock (high frequency vibs), give me decent grip and control, keep my fingers warm, are easy to wring out when wet, dirt cheap too. Have several pairs of nice leathers but still prefer the simple stuff. If I were to be doing a lot of slash cutting I would consider a pair of good high quality cutting gloves but in the real world I like to keep in touch with my machine and would probably settle for a pair of 'doe-skins' if'n need be, each to their own man. If it is so darned cold I have to wear someting thick and clumsy I'll just stay in the yard thanks. Just my preference.

As fer the small world.........................yeah!

:)

:cheers:

Serge

IMO, i prefer the husqvarna comfort-gloves... they're the greatest :hmm3grin2orange:

Wasn't Corydon the first capital?

Yep!

I was born in Salem, lived in Paoli till I was about 11 or so which is when we moved to Ky.

My mom was born in Salem, and likewise moved to Paoli, until they moved to Bedford, where she met my dad, and so on.....

This is cool all these Indiana boys on here!

The reason they say Husqvarna across the knuckles is so they know which finger goes where when they sew them back on.

The reason they say Husqvarna across the knuckles is so they know which finger goes where when they sew them back on.

LOLOL,.........................hey, there's snot on ma keyboard! GAH!
:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: that is velly funny *scherfff*
:hmm3grin2orange:

I have a pair of good gloves that I got from MSCDirect. They're labeled "Guard Dog" and they're leather/canvas on the outside and woven Kevlar on the inside. I don't know how cut-resistant they are but they're thick and tough, they absorb vibration well, and they weren't too expensive (maybe $8-$10 as I recall).

Here they are on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KEVLAR-LINED-LE...yZ109675QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Jeff
I officially proposed to my current wife in the gazebo at the Overlook Restaurant there in Leavenworth about 2½ years ago. Very small world, indeed.

Al

Back