Beware: Carlton factory warranty not all it appears to be

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mowingman

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Just a little note here to those buying Carlton machines.
I was just reading the warranty info that is in my owners manual and was surprised at what I found.
Carlton's "Limited Warranty" is "limited" for sure. Carlton will not pay labor on any repairs that involve bolt-on parts. For instance, if something happened to one of your pumps, or a motor, or a bearing, you, the owner, will have to eat the labor cost of the repair. Carlton will only warranty the parts.
I think this is a pretty big ripoff myself, and it could get pretty costly for the owner of a Carlton machine. While I am still happy with my decision to purchase the 7015 grinder, I kind of wish I had known this beforehand.
So, if you are looking at buying any Carlton machine, and warranty service is important to you, you might want to look at some other brand.
My dealer tacked on a FULL 3 year warranty for me, so I will come out ok should a repair be needed.
Jeff

I had several problems with my 8018 including 2 x oil coolers which on my kubota 8018 are a one piece oil and engine coolent rad, one was air shipped to me in ireland and a replacement upgraded system was then shipped later at no cost and with no problems at the factory end. I found them very helpful and after they paid out around $4000 in parts for the last problem, jack shaft, cutter wheel shaft belts etc they made a very good offer should I have wanted a larger machine. I found John Bird at the factory most helpful and very honrable.
I only wish I could say the same for my dealings with Vermeer ! You would go a long way to better the Carlton machine and back up.

Just had a hub explode on a brand new machine at the 4wd motor. Took out the kingpin, $1500 part. Carltons exact words to me 'That parts too expensive, we can't warranty it".

Latest posts

Back