I guess this is the right place for this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericfx1984

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I probably should have done an introduction a few days ago I have been sustaining my house in the winters for close to 8 years with wood

I started off with a harbor freight, Chicago electric electric plug-in saw.. it actually worked surprisingly well until the chain tensioner quit working and I threw it away

Then got a cheap, used 18-in bar poulan that the previous owner had swapped out to a 16 inch bar, he had drilled out the muffler and drilled out the main jet and three tuned the carburetor.. I bought it for $40 and cut wood enough to heat my two story home for 2 years with it

When that saw finally gave up the ghost I purchased a 52 CC, 22-in bar Chinese saw.. it was fairly easy to start and ran surprisingly well.. I got it on Amazon and purchased the extended warranty for like $15

After about two seasons it died as well.. it really just needed a carburetor clean but I contacted the extended warranty company and they sent me $149 Amazon credit

I took the money that the warranty gave me and bought a 62cc Chinese saw with a 20 inch bar and the extended warranty

That's all served me well for 2 years.. I probably sharpened the two chains that I owned more times than I care to admit

The chainsaw was having some trouble oiling the bar.. so I took advantage of my extended warranty... They immediately said, yep we're not going to do any work to it or anything it is yours to keep or throw away and here's an Amazon credit for $149

I got the oil pump replaced for $8 and it's now pumping just fine

Now that the bar is worn out I plan to replace it probably with a smaller bar and go to a .050 gauge chain.

So I figured I would ask about some good low-cost saws and some guys recommended the echo cs-590 timber Wolf

I did a little search on Facebook marketplace and found a brand new one in the box never been started for $260

The guy drove about 40 miles to meet with me and it's all mine.. I just wanted to say thank you to those who suggested it this thing seems pretty beefcake it is definitely heavier than my Chinese saw..

Thanks again for the suggestion I really appreciate the help everyone has given me so far

Attachments

• IMG_20220920_170016.jpg
    IMG_20220920_170016.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
So I probably should have done an introduction a few days ago I have been sustaining my house in the winters for close to 8 years with wood

I started off with a harbor freight, Chicago electric electric plug-in saw.. it actually worked surprisingly well until the chain tensioner quit working and I threw it away

Then got a cheap, used 18-in bar poulan that the previous owner had swapped out to a 16 inch bar, he had drilled out the muffler and drilled out the main jet and three tuned the carburetor.. I bought it for $40 and cut wood enough to heat my two story home for 2 years with it

When that saw finally gave up the ghost I purchased a 52 CC, 22-in bar Chinese saw.. it was fairly easy to start and ran surprisingly well.. I got it on Amazon and purchased the extended warranty for like $15

After about two seasons it died as well.. it really just needed a carburetor clean but I contacted the extended warranty company and they sent me $149 Amazon credit

I took the money that the warranty gave me and bought a 62cc Chinese saw with a 20 inch bar and the extended warranty

That's all served me well for 2 years.. I probably sharpened the two chains that I owned more times than I care to admit

The chainsaw was having some trouble oiling the bar.. so I took advantage of my extended warranty... They immediately said, yep we're not going to do any work to it or anything it is yours to keep or throw away and here's an Amazon credit for $149

I got the oil pump replaced for $8 and it's now pumping just fine

Now that the bar is worn out I plan to replace it probably with a smaller bar and go to a .050 gauge chain.

So I figured I would ask about some good low-cost saws and some guys recommended the echo cs-590 timber Wolf

I did a little search on Facebook marketplace and found a brand new one in the box never been started for $260

The guy drove about 40 miles to meet with me and it's all mine.. I just wanted to say thank you to those who suggested it this thing seems pretty beefcake it is definitely heavier than my Chinese saw..

Thanks again for the suggestion I really appreciate the help everyone has given me so far
Stop buying chinese low quality things. You give them financial power and destroy the big companies like Echo, Husqvarna that actually build high quality chainsaws! Give it time and good companies will dissapear! Then you're left with a **** chinese chainsaw forever. Since you'll always buy a new one every 1-2 years...
Buy good products and support the companies that are serious about designing, building and selling good products!

Stop buying chinese low quality things. You give them financial power and destroy the big companies like Echo, Husqvarna that actually build high quality chainsaws! Give it time and good companies will dissapear! Then you're left with a **** chinese chainsaw forever. Since you'll always buy a new one every 1-2 years...
Buy good products and support the companies that are serious about designing, building and selling good products!
not everyone can afford to pay 3 or 4 times the cost of a name brand saw. If good companies continue to make good products they don't have to worry. Bad products kill good companies which is why knock-off comanies will never beat good companies.

Back