Hello

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rswojo

Reaction score
I've been lurking occasionally since about 2004.

Spent about 3 years horse logging in the early '80s and I cut and heated with wood my whole life.

I currently own a 2004 Jonsered 2165 Turbo EPA and a 2015 Husqvarna 372xp XTorq. Both of these saws, but especially the 372 have been giving me trouble with starting, especially when warm so I am on the hunt for older saws, the ones without the EPA "improvements". Since these older saws sometimes require work I will reveal my motive for joining - I might need some advice.

I recently bought a Stihl 038av with an aftermarket Chinese carb for $100 that looks like it has carburetor issues. It appears OEM Bing and Tillotson carbs for the 038 are scarce like hen's teeth so I am thinking about replacing the carb with a Zama C3-S148.

I had a low mileage Stihl 028 Super AV, per the owner a good runner, asking price $125 sold out from underneath me yesterday. That was a steal of a Stihl and that is Craigslist. Grrrrrrrr!

Anyway, I'll be back later.

Latest posts

Back