Billboards

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckmasterStumpGrinding

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am thinking about taking the plunge into a billboard. My town has a population of about 40k and a similar number in the surrounding area. How much business should I expect to generate? For members that have had billboards what was your experience like?

I looked into bill boards awhile back, very pricy. I suppose no worse than anything else. I have done some radio ads, didn't seem to generate anything. Best thing I have found is just doing my own flyer mailings. Note the services that do this salt their lists with about 15% garbage addresses. I do not attempt to use the bulk mailing option to many hoops to jump through. Back of the supermarket receipt didn't generate anything even with a coupon of % off. I am not a tree service so mileage will vary. Much as I hate to say it a 1/8-1/4 page in the phone book is ok, but their pricing for me doesn't begin to get covered by generated sales. That is the bottom line in my book that any ad has to be self supporting if it isn't it is just another pocket book drain, far to many of those already. Web sight is good, but there are so many pitfalls that again can suck the wallet dry I have been hesitant to invest in one. Even the diy systems are back loaded with to many add on costs. So one has to really spend a lot of time up front to get through all the hype down to the nitty gritty to get the true cost/mo. I have heard some good reports on flyer insert in local paper, the newspapers that are geared to a specific area, I am in a large metro area.

I did billboards once. Only got 2 calls from them and the two calls barely covered the price of the billboards. But I got a crap load of name recognition out of it. Had people for a long time after remembering they seen my billboards.

That is the primary purpose of billboards - name recognition/ service offered due to the repetitive drive byes. I have no idea what the charges might be for the new computer controlled muti-advertisement ones.

Back