New member! Hello!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XaviC90

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My name is Xavier, I am French but live in Romania and recently bought a house there with many (too many?) trees, most of which are fruit trees. I am looking forward on your advices and experience on the best way of taking care of them without damaging them.

Regarding my experiences I am passionate about tree care and power saws, but with little experiences in both. I did a little pruning on my own last year, but not knowing exactly what I am doing I was a bit shy in the way that I did not cut much, mostly cutting sprouts near the center for aeration. If you have any recommendation (books, videos...) on this subject it would be welcome! I already have a few but they are quite contradicting themselves and I cannot separate the good from the bad in them.

I am somewhat familiar with doing firewood and will need to take my skills to the next level as my house is heated only with a stove and I would like to keep it this way. At the moment I use a battery powered pruning saw (Makita DUC254) but plan on buying a bigger (50cc at least) pro saw soon. Even if it might not absolutely to go for a saw of that level, my main experiences was with my father Stihl O44 and I fell in love with these kinds of chainsaw.

Thank you for reading my presentation, I wish you the best and hope we will discuss very soon!

Xavier

Hello everyone!

My name is Xavier, I am French but live in Romania and recently bought a house there with many (too many?) trees, most of which are fruit trees. I am looking forward on your advices and experience on the best way of taking care of them without damaging them.

Regarding my experiences I am passionate about tree care and power saws, but with little experiences in both. I did a little pruning on my own last year, but not knowing exactly what I am doing I was a bit shy in the way that I did not cut much, mostly cutting sprouts near the center for aeration. If you have any recommendation (books, videos...) on this subject it would be welcome! I already have a few but they are quite contradicting themselves and I cannot separate the good from the bad in them.

I am somewhat familiar with doing firewood and will need to take my skills to the next level as my house is heated only with a stove and I would like to keep it this way. At the moment I use a battery powered pruning saw (Makita DUC254) but plan on buying a bigger (50cc at least) pro saw soon. Even if it might not absolutely to go for a saw of that level, my main experiences was with my father Stihl O44 and I fell in love with these kinds of chainsaw.

Thank you for reading my presentation, I wish you the best and hope we will discuss very soon!

Xavier

Welcome to AS. This has some info on pruning. Post in thread 'Pruning' https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/pruning.372350/post-8179827

Hello everyone!

Xavier
your dad had good taste with his choice of saw

Latest posts

Back