New member from Texas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DGTIII

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wound up here because I need to clear a homesite on my land in Hardin County, TX and thought I ought to set some of these trees to better use than firewood. I have long owned a few smaller saws and have some basic experience with them, but am now taking a big step putting together a 36" Granberg on a 661cm.

I stumbled onto the site several times while researching and planning, and thanks to yalls advice I am now waiting on a couple loops of 63PMX and a few other components from the UK to complete my sawmill.

I have plenty of various oaks, magnolia, longleaf pine, red maple, and a few others to work with and am excited to make things like interior walls, floors, and my own furniture from them.

Anyhow, I have been doing a good bit of reading here and thought I'd join in on the fun.

Hey guys,

I wound up here because I need to clear a homesite on my land in Hardin County, TX and thought I ought to set some of these trees to better use than firewood. I have long owned a few smaller saws and have some basic experience with them, but am now taking a big step putting together a 36" Granberg on a 661cm.

I stumbled onto the site several times while researching and planning, and thanks to yalls advice I am now waiting on a couple loops of 63PMX and a few other components from the UK to complete my sawmill.

I have plenty of various oaks, magnolia, longleaf pine, red maple, and a few others to work with and am excited to make things like interior walls, floors, and my own furniture from them.

Anyhow, I have been doing a good bit of reading here and thought I'd join in on the fun.

You'll need a picco/lo pro 3/8 0.050 bar and matching drive sprocket to run 63PMX.

And welcome. Check out the milling forum.

Latest posts

Back