New member introduction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyfan

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello new member here I have been a long time lurker and decided to finally join the fun. I am a new property owner with a moderate amount of experience with saws and tree cutting. I am a welder by trade and make no claims as to being an expert so the advice I have seen from the experts on this site is what led me to join. My current saw arsenal consists of a stihl ms 261cmv2 wearing a 16" bar I like to use it for small wood and limbing. My other current tool consists of a month old 572xp which is my first foray into the world of husqvarna it wears a 24" bar and I am using oregon lgx chain. It is a beast in hardwood. I am looking forward to learning everything I can because I have 30 or so acres of forest I plan to make my own over the next few years.

Welcome to the site Kyfan! You have 2 nice saws which is twice as many as I had when I first joined. Let's see how many you have in a year's time lol. Your time spent in these forums is directly proportional to your orphan chainsaw accumulation.

Well, you bought a Husqvarna so that tells me you need to do a lot more reading here still...

Haha just kidding! Those are two fine saws that will serve you well. Lots of good people here and great knowledge to gain. Great site to be a member of. Enjoy!

Well, you bought a Husqvarna so that tells me you need to do a lot more reading here still...

Haha just kidding! Those are two fine saws that will serve you well. Lots of good people here and great knowledge to gain. Great site to be a member of. Enjoy!
Funny story. I got the 572xp because the dealer I use told me it runs more like a stihl and the 462cm runs more like a husqvarna. He basically told me it was my choice and the price was similar but the husqvarna came with a free chain and I'm not too brand loyal so that made the decision for me.

Funny story. I got the 572xp because the dealer I use told me it runs more like a stihl and the 462cm runs more like a husqvarna. He basically told me it was my choice and the price was similar but the husqvarna came with a free chain and I'm not too brand loyal so that made the decision for me.

Yeah that's good. I'm not brand loyal either. I always research like crazy on anything I buy and get the best bang for my buck.

Good to hear you are not too brand loyal. Brand loyalty aint exactly in short supply here lol

Yeah that's good. I'm not brand loyal either. I always research like crazy on anything I buy and get the best bang for my buck.

I have family in product engineering and that is one thing that has been drilled into my head from a young age. No one company can make the best of everything and in every market there will always be top brands you will do fine with buying. Although I do have to say when it comes to my line of work I am a Miller guy through and through. But that is for a different forum...

Back