Carlton 7015

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freeski-James89

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2016 Carlton 7015trx. Today on starting the machine it has been a little more difficult to sync the remote and also using the up button on the display we cannot raise the revs.
Has anyone had this issue and what was the remedy?

Thank you in advance.

On the remote it is probably the E-Stop. Don't buy it from Carlton or you will pay 5x what you can find it on line for. It is easy to replace - just take the face off the transmitter and go to it. A little tight inside the transmitter but nothing bad.

The Kohler engines won't rev up if you try to do it right away after start. You have to wait about 5 seconds then you can use the throttle arrows on the display - this prevents a cold engine start to immediate high revs.

Watch you alternator bolts and the top thermostat housing neck too.

Let me know what you find

So even when starting the grinder on the machine controls and waiting 4-5 mins the button for raising revs does not work.

I know everything has a time to break but worked last time it was used fine, parked it up in the container for 2 weeks and went to get it out to sharpen it up for Monday and got these issues.
Would a little condensation anywhere be causing the issue?

Estop is working ok it seems.
I did manage to get into the menu once on the control panel and there were no fault codes. But now I can’t get back into the menu or use the buttons again.

Occasionally CAN COM lost check connection pops up on the display also.

The other things when running beside the rpm is the letter X. I am pretty sure that is not meant to be there.

Attachments

• F73AC433-14B6-4F76-B6A0-71E2C3553C09.jpeg
    F73AC433-14B6-4F76-B6A0-71E2C3553C09.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
The instrument panel you show really has nothing to do with the remote control. I would never store a remote control in a container or a vehicle because condensation can occur inside of the remote. Take the cover off of the remote control and put a hair dryer to it for 30-60 minutes as this will dry it out. What happens to the X when you go over 1,000 rpm's? Does it disappear?

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

The remote is kept in the house in the warm. Remote. Also remote is working.

It is the display which is proving to be an issue. Despite being a sealed unit it has moisture inside it.
I left the machine in the sun today and took the display off the machine. I put the unit in rice in the airing cubbard for 1/2 the day and when I re connected it the bottom were then 90% of the time working.

Would you say now there is moisture in there a new one Is needed?

Attachments

• EDF92B13-AA9D-41B0-9E8B-CBF8233B5E38.jpeg
    EDF92B13-AA9D-41B0-9E8B-CBF8233B5E38.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
It's hard for me to say. I can check and get a price for the panel for you. Is this a Kohler engine? If so, please provide me with the engine model number and engine serial number and I'll see what I can do for you.

I have many customers in England that I ship to. My largest is Gristwood and Toms ltd. if you've heard of them. I have 16 years experience with equipment in our industry and I'd be glad to take care of your needs as well.

Thanks,

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Back