chain saw engine repair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOLF_RIVER_MIKE

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
boys, do ya have to go to the dealer for every tool you might need for every saw? i'm talkin about clutch tools, piston stops, vacum/pressure gages. etc. Is there an aftermarket or something.

Hi Mike you can buy the guage and piston stop aftermarket but the clutch and mount tools are usually from the dealer.
Need one give me a call.

John W

thanks John, Wonder why nobody's making a universal clutch tool, with change out pins. After market mufflers too. Seems like basic stuff. Good to hear from you JW.

Yeah what John said, some stuff is interchangable.
I have a whole drawer full of pullers and clutch tools.

clutch tools

For the clutch's that unscrew. Go to your local swap meet or whatever you call them in your area and pick up a supply a cheap used larger sockets. When you need a new tool, find the oppropriate diameter socket, set over the clutch and mark where the jaws need to be for uscrewing the thing. Then use a die grinder or hacksaw or whatever you prefer and notch the socket out to fit. I've got several in my box already and they make great cheap tools.

tools

Here's a photo of some of the clutch tools made from sockets.
"http://www.geocities.com/nevadawalrus/tools/sockets.jpg"

why buy a piston stop tool when you have old recoil rope kicking around that you can just stick down in the cylinder. as for clutches i went and bought an inexpensive spanner wrench with interchangible tips.

Back