Chainsaw brackets for truck (PIC Heavy)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepyfz450

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have seen some different ideas for hauling your saws in your trucks without giving up bed space. I threw together these quick clamps and bolted them to my tool box. they work pretty good i installed them today and gave it a test drive. all you have to do is slide the saw into position and tighten the wing nuts. the only downfall is that it will only take a saw with a 24'' bar or less. not sure if i will use it all the time but it will come in handy when i am cutting a load of wood cause the bed on my truck is tiny anyway.

let me know what you think

DSC04118.jpg

DSC04119.jpg

DSC04121.jpg

Last edited:
Nice idea. I see lots of different contraptions around my town with people hauling saws,weed eaters and such. I find lots of gas caps besides the road from falling off parts...Bob

yeah i have been toying with a few ideas for a while now. it should work well. i toyed with mounting a 4x4 onto my tool box and boring holes into it but i wanted it to look a little better and hold the saws more firmly

It looks good but you might want to block your plate number out on your truck. I'm not trying to be an :censored: but ya never know what people can do with a plate number.

Local tree company owner has a old rusted out Toyota truck with a full ladder rack. He just straps his 088, with a 44"ish bar/chain, to the top. True redneck fashion. I will have to try to catch him out and see if he will let me take a picture. Seems like a good way to get your saw stolen. With a MS880 you would most likely find the thief laying dead beside the truck, under a big arse saw.

a good way to get your saws stolen

hard to steal the saws when i am driving the truck down the road. they come out when i get home...... you could slant the brackets for a longer bar. i never thought about the front tanks but i can either space them up a touch or put a piece of rubber under them.

I like it. Just for transporting saws back home, it's a hell of a lot better than us just throwing our saws on the pile of wood on the back of the truck. I've always worried about a saw getting jarred loose and falling off. I've got a four foot tall headache rack on my one ton, it would work really well. I will just use some old round baler belting to protect the front of the saw from getting damaged. The only issue is it will look funny as hell as the saws will stick up above the roof of the cab, people who meet us will think we've lost our minds.

they are extremely easy to build and you can mount them just about anywhere.

A lot of people are talking about the saws getting stolen there. i only haul my saws with when i am going to use them. I dont stop at the local wallyworld and go inside with my saws sitting the exposed and easy to take. it would be easy enought to rig up a chain and or cable and lock it to the truck if i thought there would be a problem.

I like the simplicity of the racks. They look very effective.

Just so many threads here about saws getting stolen it makes me a bit cautious for someone to see you driving down the road with a couple of pretty saws on display. If they don't see them they don't know that you have them.

Philbert

I like the simplicity of the racks. They look very effective.

Just so many threads here about saws getting stolen it makes me a bit cautious for someone to see you driving down the road with a couple of pretty saws on display. If they don't see them they don't know that you have them.

Philbert

yeah i understand. i had to buy a narrow toolbox for my truck cause its a shortbed 5.5'. my saws wont fit into my toolbox and putting them in the cab wont happen (interior is nicer than most cars).

Not to be mean but what about putting them in the box they are bolted to?
I just saw your post above thats why.

Last edited:
Back