Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a name like " Fast Freddie's", who can resist

I am pretty mightly attracted by the "no expense spared" sign on the truck which will no doubt hold up well to any sign of rain, not to mention the writer's command of the English language: isn't supposed to be "Freddie's"?
Or perhaps the apostraphe was taped over when affixing the sign?

I am pretty mightly attracted by the "no expense spared" sign on the truck which will no doubt hold up well to any sign of rain, not to mention the writer's command of the English language: isn't supposed to be "Freddie's"?
Or perhaps the apostraphe was taped over when affixing the sign?

No apostrophe needed. It’s just plural, not plural possessive. Meaning they have a full fleet of Freddie’s that deliver.

Or at least that’s the way it reads.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-buy-sell-ot...od/1336774199?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Not a Craig Ad, but Kijiji laugh.
Homeowner thinks that a Maple tree freshly cut down laying on the ground in their backyard is worth $1400 and has 8 cords of "firewood"
I did reply nicely that the wood is not firewood until it's cut, split and seasoned and that they MAYBE have about 2 cords there and I could haul it away for them at no charge.
I'd supply the saw, trailer and manpower free.

It always cracks me up how they cut one piece of wood 4 inches long and another 10" and another 30", and then say it's prime firewood and want someone else to pay for it. If I bought a cord of wood from a dealer and he showed up with a truck load of odd ball cuts, he'd be heading home with a full truck and no money.

it cost more than that to take it down, therefore it is worth 1400.
interesting economic logic.
Good point. But I don't know many pros that cut wood at such a difference in length. Most pros are used to cutting everything the same length. Unless they just put it on the ground and then the home owner cleans up the mess. That would make sense. A pro would have chipped all of those little bean poles. Way more work to strip them. Looks like a homeowner clean up job.

upload_2018-3-7_9-2-12.png

We have this large tree that is very big and beautiful, however it is in the wrong spot on our property because we plan to expand. I am not sure of the exact species of tree; however I do not wish to kill it because of where it was planted. We are offering it to anyone for free. The only only thing is you pay to relocate it. I have made numerous calls and they have stated this tree could go for thousands if bought at a tree farm. It would only be a few hundred to dig it up and relocate it. If you are interested please email using the craigslist link and we can go from there.
Diameter of trunk a foot above grade is 31". The circumference is 86 1/4".

Here's a "free large tree" to be relocated. The owner believes "it would only be a few hundred to dig it up and relocate it." Maybe a few hundred thousand $ ?

I tried to do a screen shot, but only got the link to go through.

https://denver.craigslist.org/zip/d/large-tree/6520925052.html

WOW!

I have never been involved in the Oversized Load niche of the industry, but having been a truck driver for 30 years, I have no doubt that even IF, they got that tree dug up, HAULING IT anywhere beyond across the street, will cost MANY times the Supposed, "THOUSANDS " that it would be worth, if bought from a Tree Farm.

Would you even be able to find a tree like that at a "Tree Farm"?

That tree sure ain't going through the bailer, at our local Christmas Tree Farm, would there even be a way to bale a tree like that for transport?

The canopy on that has to be at least 25-30' in diameter, it would be an "Interesting Move" for sure, and Definitely NOT a Cheap one to boot.

Doug

I have never been involved in the Oversized Load niche of the industry, but having been a truck driver for 30 years, I have no doubt that even IF, they got that tree dug up, HAULING IT anywhere beyond across the street,

would there even be a way to bale a tree like that for transport?

The canopy on that has to be at least 25-30' in diameter, it would be an "Interesting Move" for sure, and Definitely NOT a Cheap one to boot.

Doug
ffc46149f73564f6f9ddad8cd429cefd.jpg

I have a feeling, this is the “truck” they’ll need. And I’m sure hourly “rental” is somewhere in the $1000/hr range.

ffc46149f73564f6f9ddad8cd429cefd.jpg

I have a feeling, this is the “truck” they’ll need. And I’m sure hourly “rental” is somewhere in the $1000/hr range.

I kinda wonder if Erickson would have capacity sufficient for that tree. The root ball alone--if you could somehow free it from the ground--would be quite something. The above-ground portion would be measured in tons. That's a Ponderosa pine--the kind I cut thousands of--and Ponderosa is from the Latin for "heavy."

Back