Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our local police and sheriff's departments encourage folks to meet in their lit, videotaped, parking lots if they want.

Philbert
Fringe benefit of theives and pieces o **** not showing up. Had guy asking to somewhere other than PD. I pressed, then he admitted he has an outstanding warrant. I declined. Passed on his phone # to police buddies.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I like my house too! And the one in the background is pretty awesome, especially the attic. I wasn't able to see much of that house until the old widow who lived there died. She took good care of the place, but never had guests. Still, that house is nothing much compared to the one directly across the street from me. Quarter-sawn oak paneling, 14" crown moulding, hardwood floors with boards that go from wall to wall without a break or a knot.... Wow!

My wife's great Aunt had a big duplex in California PA. She used to rent one side and lived in the other. I mentioned how much I liked her big Oak mantle and she laughed and said go take the one out of the other side. The previous tenants tore the place up so bad it couldn't be lived in. So, my Dad and I went up and pulled the mantle. A neighbor across the street came over and said he had been waiting 20 years to get that mantle. When Alberta passed I asked my MIL if I could go get the other mantle and the crown and floor molding. The estate had sold the property to the local college, to be torn down and made parking. My MIL was the executor and she flipped out. No, it's not ours anymore, you can't go in. A couple days later I went down to see the place and the neighbor across the street had gutted the wood work, mantle, crown and floor molding and all of the banisters. Here's the mantle I got, Joe

SsCHf0A.jpg

Nice. Very similar to the one in my house, but I don't have anything on the 'second level.'

I don't blame the neighbor for getting what he can. If it's being torn down to be a parking lot, then then woodwork should be preserved.

Our STUPID city leaders decided to steal a guy's house and tear it down and sell the lot. It was a 100 year old house! There are many of us who would have been happy to buy it. We tried. They told us to try and contact the owner and arrange a deal.
Why not arrange a deal with the city? If they steal it and tear it down and sell the lot, why can't they just steal it and sell it all??? Save themselves a bundle of money.

Anyway, the hardwood floors, crown moulding, pocket doors, baseboards, trim, etc. All of it worthless after the trackhoe tore it all out. Bloody shame and completely idiotic by our city leaders.

Yeah, I tried to talk Grammy into letting me get the stuff, should have taken it first. She's one of those gals that's worried about every thing. Every night before she goes to bed she stands in front of the stove and holds her hands over the burners and slowly lowers them till she can pat them to make sure the house doesn't burn down. Grammy's father was one of the first people in California, PA to own a truck, so he had a contract to haul trash for the town, and was officially in the coal business. People would get behind on their trash or coal bills and he would keep providing their service. So, over the years people would give him stuff to make good. A lot of the stuff he got was small pieces of land. He wound up with 20-30 acres on the Monongahela river that he strip mined coal off of. There was a landing that every one in town called a beach. A few years after Grammy's mom passed I asked her what ever happened to the beach property, I would like to see it. She said she got it. I said great, lets go see it. She said, oh we can't, I gave it to my brother. She was afraid a local would sit on the beach and get hurt and sue her. She's a great gal, just a little neurotic. Both of her brothers are great too. maybe I'll plan a day trip to the beach this summer, Joe.

@rarefish383 That sounds like my wife's grandmother. She lives in a senior condo complex down in Florida. She's on the board there and every little thing is an absolute catastrophe. When the hurricanes rolled through the building suffered some damage since it's right on the water. Despite multiple different contractors saying the total damage could be fixed for a fairly reasonable amount she was sure the building would need to be condemned and torn down. It's still standing and was repaired without incident.

Fringe benefit of theives and pieces o **** not showing up. Had guy asking to somewhere other than PD. I pressed, then he admitted he has an outstanding warrant. I declined. Passed on his phone # to police buddies.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I like that. Back when I was county dispatcher we were looking for a guy with a couple misdemeanor warrants. He was high on the list. Girl friend called one night to file a missing persons report. I passed it on to the depuies. 2am they found him under the bed at GF's.

19247699_565990493755980_6731751991661971454_n.jpg

Marketplace

Garden
Tree removal
Manitowoc, WI · 3 hours ago ·
$1,234
Viewed by 398 people

Tree removal, any size tree. Shoot me a message for price and pictures of the tree

Seller information

Parker Heimerl

Yep, that's the pic that I would choose to use in an ad, I'm sure that really instills confidence in your abilities, probably impressed at least 3 or 4 Grade school students.

Doug

Back