Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why I grow such a large moustache. Covers the face pretty well.

I tried that with a beard. I spent 12 years in the USAF right out of high school so never got a chance to try a beard out till a few years ago.
Well....I found out that a beard isn't ever in my future. I guess I should have figured... I have to shave at most twice a week and my Dad is the same way.

beardo-hat.jpg

Be careful answering ANY CL ad...
Guy found dead on the street behind me answering a CL ad...

I sell stuff infrequently on CL and have a few items on there now and my wife won't shut up about it....

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Be careful answering ANY CL ad...
Guy found dead on the street behind me answering a CL ad...

I sell stuff infrequently on CL and have a few items on there now and my wife won't shut up about it....

Then just ask to meet in a crowded place.
I remember buying a chainsaw from this chap years ago, I think he was a retired arborist selling off his kit, and we met literally meters from a farmer's market.
People were doing their best to completely ignore us as I was revving up that old Stihl (or was it a Shindaiwa? Either way it was loud) while the guy was shouting at the top of his lung to pitch me the saw.
Perhaps some CCTV footage still exists somewhere...

I usually try to meet at busy, well lit gas stations.
The aforementioned unfortunate gentleman met at a dollar general store and it's unclear what transpired after that...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Couple of years ago a guy posted a Large STIHL saw for very little money; gave an address just over a mile from my house. Went by, took a photo of the building, and sent it to him. Told him I would meet him at the Taco Bell next door. Never responded.

Philbert
Wonder if it was the same guy who tried to sell me "hot" Chevy truck rims a few blocks from you...said meet me at a service station and he never showed. 4 hours later he called me 17 times and dropped his price by half. I told him no.

Our local police and sheriff's departments encourage folks to meet in their lit, videotaped, parking lots if they want.

Philbert

Can’t recall which it was, but Golden Valley or New Hope have a sign in the PD parking lot about being an online transacton pint, with several video cameras 24 hrs, etc. Nice public service and better safety for all.

I don’t mind going somewhere else to buy, but I don’t like having people come to the house to buy unless it is a large item not easily transported.

Fire Logs 15lb 8+ hours - $25 (Hillsboro) hide this posting
image 1 of 3
00505_6G0XFNxEeo9_600x450.jpg

condition: new
size / dimensions: 18 x 8

15 pound fire logs made of fine sawdust and paraffin wax. These logs light with a match and will burn for more then 8 hours at a time with out needing attention. With a wrap around regulator you can adjust the temperature of your log and make it last around 10 hours.

3 for 25$
7 for 50$
15 for 100$

Regulator $2

If it's a small item I'll typically meet the buyer a couple miles from my house. Sometimes you can't if it's big. Regardless, most CL people I've dealt with were decent. A couple were really sketchy but it's part of the game I guess. I always carry a knife on me just in case

If it's a small item I'll typically meet the buyer a couple miles from my house. Sometimes you can't if it's big. Regardless, most CL people I've dealt with were decent. A couple were really sketchy but it's part of the game I guess. I always carry a knife on me just in case

A knife? Why don't you carry... Oh, I see where you live now. Never mind.

Latest posts

Back