Crappy Stihl Cylinder - Looks like ChiCom Garbage!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's the Champ now or is it the King?....You know, Captain Defender of all things Stihl. :ices_rofl:

How dare you put a little tarnish on that sterling reputation, Bradley! :censored:

Where's the Champ now or is it the King?....You know, Captain Defender of all things Stihl. :ices_rofl:

How dare you put a little tarnish on that sterling reputation, Bradley! :censored:

NO! YOU ARE WRONG!! Stihl is #1!! 8,000,000,000,000,000 customers cannot be wrong!!

Hi Brad,
I think you will find that every lump, bump, line, bevel and chip have all been subjected to computer analysis and flow testing to provide the optimum performance level across a wide range of conditions.

On the other hand it may be a crappy cylinder!

He's right here Fast. Now as Paul Harvey would say lets get to the rest of story. Yes that cylinder looks crappy as hell but hey its one cylinder, oh my what are we gonna do. I happen to recall something more much more costly than that on a saw I happened to buy, a solid orange one at that. Where was Fast then, hmmmmmmmm.

That cylinder looks like crappy as hell for sure, yuk. See Fast there are no excuses or blah blah blah with me, it is what it is. I'd only like to know one thing concerning that cylinder, how does the saw run??

I'd only like to know one thing concerning that cylinder, how does the saw run??

This has me "all shook up", lol. Not really. I'm sure it would run fine, but so do most chicom parts. The quality is not here, plain and simple. Plus I would be surprised if Stihl won't replace it. The question is, will the next one look any better. If I'm lucky, the warehouse will have NOS Mahle kit. If it were my saw and I couldn't get a NOS Mahle kit, I'd be hitting up bcorradi to see if his are Mahle. We'll see what the dealer has to say after work today.

Is Stihl actually making these in their own facility? I'd be surprised if they are. I just don't see this kind of garbage on the rest of their parts.

FC,

Hold on a moment here. I remember ole Tommie going to bat for a member here that was not his customer and getting a 361 cylinder replaced, even though it was doubtful that the "flaw" would present any performance or reliability issues.

Tommie may wear Stihl underwear, but, he does call 'em as he sees 'em.

Joat

FC,

Hold on a moment here. I remember ole Tommie going to bat for a member here that was not his customer and getting a 361 cylinder replaced, even though it was doubtful that the "flaw" would present any performance or reliability issues.

Tommie may wear Stihl underwear, but, he does call 'em as he sees 'em.

Joat

You're sure putting ol Tom on the hot seat here:dizzy:

The saw was bought brand new on 12-26-08 in Eureka MO. Hopefully my dealer will help me out even though it wasn't bought there or by me. I do have a great relationship with them and have bought thousands of dollars of parts there.

You're sure putting ol Tom on the hot seat here:dizzy:

Brad,

I think not. Tommie was accused of blindly accepting/loving all things Stihl when he has repeatedly demonstrated objectivity when it comes to Stihl and quality issues. Now, there are some Stihl cheerleaders here that don't demonstrate that objectivity and they would serve as better examples for Fastcast in his post I referenced.

Joat

Brad,

I think not. Tommie was accused of blindly accepting/loving all things Stihl when he has repeatedly demonstrated objectivity when it comes to Stihl and quality issues. Now, there are some Stihl cheerleaders here that don't demonstrate that objectivity and they would serve as better examples for Fastcast in his post I referenced.

Joat

I respect that in a dealer. I'm a Stihl head myself, and this is not what I've come to expect, nor what I've seen in any other Stihl I've worked on.

I'd only like to know one thing concerning that cylinder, how does the saw run??

So are you alright with that degradation in quality, as long as the mighty Stihl saws stihl run fine? :popcorn:

This has me "all shook up", lol. Not really. I'm sure it would run fine, but so do most chicom parts. The quality is not here, plain and simple. Plus I would be surprised if Stihl won't replace it. The question is, will the next one look any better. If I'm lucky, the warehouse will have NOS Mahle kit. If it were my saw and I couldn't get a NOS Mahle kit, I'd be hitting up bcorradi to see if his are Mahle. We'll see what the dealer has to say after work today.

Is Stihl actually making these in their own facility? I'd be surprised if they are. I just don't see this kind of garbage on the rest of their parts.

No Brad there made in the Zama factory, that STIHL purchased!

I hope STIHL quits selling Zama carbs to Husqvarna, then maybe Husqvarna will put a decent carb on their products.

:clap: :buttkick:

Back