CS370 refuses all WOT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chet Davis

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
New to site. I have been running an echo cs-370 and a shidiawa 577 for occasional trims and removals, along with a few weekends a year of wood splitting parties. I picked the saw up something near 10 years ago and other than heavy cutting the cs-370 is my go-to saw.

The end of last splitting party (3 months ago) it died out (puttered out like a carb adjustment problem) and I did not have time to adjust as I was supervising 7 or so splitters and workflow of 30+ amateurs. Apologies for long run up.

A couple weeks ago I did a maintenance refurb. (new plug, filters, full carb and kit, drain and clean bar oil and gas, clean muffler, etc.) because I expected that a clean carb and adjustment was all that was needed and usually go the extra mile anytime I have something down for maint. Oh btw I also checked on potential collapsed fuel line.

Nope. With a little fiddling I got it into a running state but ONLY in idle state. It is impossible to make any difference in any way, by any form of adjustment to the fact that it dies out as soon as you move toward WOT. As far as I can tell there is Zero impact in adjustment of the main mix screw. I have cleaned the carb half dozen times because you would swear that there was a plug in the high lines.

As a reff. I am a licensed aircraft air-frame power-plant mechanic with 20+ yrs experience, mostly installation metal work. US Navy Vet. I've been working on a mechanical engineering degree for years but have too much real world experience and not enough knowledge to be dangerous yet.

It sounds like you've done everything on the intake side of the engine that would make a difference. Have you tried running it without the muffler?

The only advise I can offer beyond that is explosives... there is no problem that can not be solved by the liberal application of high explosives. :blob2:

Thanks Bobby,
I've not tried sans- muffler but it's worth a try.
I've already done the mod a few years ago and washed out the muffler.. it is obstruction free so I doubt it contributes to the problem.

Back