• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Dolmar 5105

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Casey you still haven't bought a Dolmar??? I recall a GTG that computeruser hosted many years ago (think you were there also) and he got me hooked on Dolmar.

They are nifty saws. I've not been a sufficiently persuasive promoter, it seems. Or maybe it was that somebody had some nicely ported Dave Neiger Stihls at that point that he preferred to run.

I've enjoyed the 5100s I've had. Wish I hadn't sold the heated one, or had it ported for that matter.

They are nifty saws. I've not been a sufficiently persuasive promoter, it seems. Or maybe it was that somebody had some nicely ported Dave Neiger Stihls at that point that he preferred to run.

I've enjoyed the 5100s I've had. Wish I hadn't sold the heated one, or had it ported for that matter.
I should have got the 242 from you, you did good in eBay with it though.
Hope all is well over your way.

Yeah that's the one Mike did, it is a bad little saw, I am just switching my collection to jred and husky, trying to move mostly to just those brands.

That 441 was a contender..... I don't even remember where it went.

You come right on over here buddy. I can make you sick if that white stuff. Lol.
You sure Carl lol.
Spent a few hrs in it today :clap:.
Got another inch after I finished and we have more coming tonight and Tuesday as well as wed, lake effect snow can drop snow every day whether there's a storm or not.

Attachments

• IMG_20190128_145316434.jpg
    IMG_20190128_145316434.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
I have a nice Luck Now 3pt snow blower that would look good on the back of that Chipper.
I'm fine using the bucket although I have a plate and a 7'plow for it. I have a 7' back blade too, but I go into some tighter spots and it would be in the way here so I haven't used it at all. I don't think the blower would be a good mix with a smaller property, all the wood laying around, and kids bikes and toys :eek:.
Where is the back blade or snow blower on the back? My Bota L3600 got a good workout last night...about 3 hours of moving that white fluffy stuff around.
That's about what I spent total yesterday too. We got 2 more since and it's been on and off all day with the wind kicking up. I'll be out there for a few today too as I want to clear the future pole barn site of over a ft, I park all my trailers and the suburban there. It will take a long time because I want to haul the snow away so it dries out quick as possible in the spring, maybe I'll start on the barn this yr.

Did you find a saw yet Casey?

Well... There are plenty of saws to choose from. Some ported, new, pissed revved only...

I'm still mulling... But I'm also looking for a snow pusher for the front of the Bota... I'm toying but buying a 7' box blade, cutting off the 3 point linkage and welding a SSQA plate to the back... Back blade has its place.. but 98% of the plowing I do would be better using the front of the tractor.

Nice to have choices.
If you want to try the back blade I have your welcome to come grab it up. I'll probably never use it, it came with the first bota I bought that's long gone, and I've only used it once.
You can buy a pusher setup just like that and it will have taller sides. The only problem is most of them are pretty heavy.

Nice to have choices.
If you want to try the back blade I have your welcome to come grab it up. I'll probably never use it, it came with the first bota I bought that's long gone, and I've only used it once.
You can buy a pusher setup just like that and it will have taller sides. The only problem is most of them are pretty heavy.

Ive got a 6' Woods back blade... Tired of looking over my shoulder... Its hard on the neck. 20 years of loaders, graders, dozers and I don't turn real well anymore.

How tall is the moldboard on the one you have?

Ive got a 6' Woods back blade... Tired of looking over my shoulder... Its hard on the neck. 20 years of loaders, graders, dozers and I don't turn real well anymore.

How tall is the moldboard on the one you have?
Probably 12-14, it's not that tall and that's part of the reason I don't see it being that useful unless it's used for a couple inches or less. Plow truck back blades are pretty reasonable on CL if your patient.

Sorry guys.. this is where my saw money went....

3b3fbe9837f3ffdc5cd84fb693abcd17.jpg

Latest posts

Back